2.9 Whipple install questions?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
The Whipple needs to be glued down with RTV.

I made a step-by-step install thread on the other site if you need any assistance.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The Whipple needs to be glued down with RTV.

Step 37 in the included FRPP/Whipple instructions does indeed say...

Apply approximately a 3mm bead of Black RTV silicone on top of factory o-ring (entire o-ring) to help prevent leaks between the manifold and the supercharger.

I'd be sure to address the recesses on the bottom blower face that were countersunk so that the blower-to-baseplate fasteners wouldn't project above the face. This creates a potential void where each fastener is located. Make sure you place a dab of silicone at each of these locations.

IMG_7144.jpg

IMG_7149.jpg

Here's the writeup I did here on SVTP. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...P-Whipple-kit-content-and-install-on-09-GT500

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Correct. You can leave the stock gasket in place, but you'll also need to add some black RTV around the seal. And a big word to the wise, DO NOT remove the driver side fuel rail if you have the Crusher inlet on your new Whipple! It will be a massive, massive pain getting it back on. Just remove the passenger side rail and flip it out of the way to the driver side. Good luck with the EGR tube, too. Install the bottom side first LOOSELY then maneuver the top into place and loosely attach it. Also, I recommend ordering the EGR solenoid extension cable from VMP. It's like $20. It'll make your life easier. It wasn't on the market when I installed mine, and it was a pain getting the solenoid plugged back in because the cable isn't long enough.

10thsilversnk

Established Member
What kind of hp should I expect from a 2.9 Whipple with 3.0 pulley, 168mm Whipple mono blade, 127 JLT intake, ID1000s, KB boost a pump, off rode x-pipe and HE?

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
What kind of hp should I expect from a 2.9 Whipple with 3.0 pulley, 168mm Whipple mono blade, 127 JLT intake, ID1000s, KB boost a pump, off rode x-pipe and HE?

Over 700 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno and over 725 rwhp on a Dyno Jet at sea level.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Can someone please tell me if Whipple should have provided a new EGR tube?

To clarify - if the kit you now have was originally an FRPP/Whipple kit then it should have come with an EGR tube. If the Whipple you have was purchased individually then I'd venture to guess that it did not.

The FRPP/Whipple tube is a slightly tweaked stock piece as best I could tell.

IMG_7069.jpg

It is very similar to the OEM tube. If my original was brand new I don't think many would be able to detect a difference.

IMG_7191.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread