2.9 Whipple install questions?

10thsilversnk

Established Member
UPDATE and Thank you!

So after many hours and frustration on the installing my Whipple, we finished it yesterday with dyno numbers and two tunes. I want to personally thank Chris at Dyno Edge in Albuquerque, Van at Revan Racing as he always responds to my emails with sounds advice, and the guys on here that also helped me. This was my first swap and I learned a great deal. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I ended up doing an EGR delete because the tube would not line up.

I made 700.68 hp and 651.24 torque at 18.20 lbs of boost. This was with a 2.75 pulley and stock lower.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I installed an EGR tube twice on my '09. Both times proved to be a bit of a challenge. The first time was installing the tube Whipple supplied with my FRPP/Whipple kit and the second time was when I removed my original exhaust manifolds and replaced the with FRPP's shorty headers. With the battery removed, I found that I could slip a short length of 2" x 4" into the car and then use a prybar against the face of the wood. Worked perfectly.
_adjusting%20the%20EGR%20tube.jpg

I tried a number of times but found that if I attached the tube most of the way (but not completely) at the top of the tube, that I was able to manipulate the bottom of the tube with a bar that allowed me to get the threads started on the nut/manifold connection.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
How did you get it to fit?

Sorry for the delayed response, I don't come over to this forum often. I had to go back and check my install thread... I had forgotten that there was a supplied EGR tube in the FR750 kit. I used the new tube.

brandonflood123

Established Member
I bought the blower and pullies from and member on this site.
what other mods do you have, ill be doing the same swap but with a 3" pully and long tubes w/or x pipe and a CJmono blade and a jlt127mm cai also will have a boost a pump and either id725s or id1000s(if i can sell my 725s)

10thsilversnk

Established Member
I have all the cooling mods, boost a pump 20v, or x, Whipple 168mm mono blade, 127 JLT, 170 degree t-stat the rest is suspension. I made 654 with the 3.0 pulley but I don't have headers. That was at 16psi.

Users who are viewing this thread