2.9 Whipple on E85 2.75 upper?

good_times44

Established Member
Hey guys I have a question for you whipple guys out there. Im currently making 717hp and 632 tq. The only hold up from making more power was that my 80's are maxed out on E85. So today I ordered a set of ID 1000's and I want to run the 2.75 pulley on the whipple. I have a 3.25 upper only making 21 psi. So my question is what kind of power (ballpark wise) and will my stock bottom end be able to handle this. Ive seen other guys making over 800hp, and I wanted to see what you guys think?

gabe1530

Banned
ill be running a 2.75 or similar upper in the coming months with e85 as i dont want to use a aftermarket lower. this will be with my new engine setup so the boost will vary between our setups but it will give you a general idea. with the 3.25 i did make similar psi, mine was 20 and after 6k rpm it would touch 21psi.

sn94cobra

Corn-aholic
Established Member
Curious as well as this will be my future setup.
I had a 2.3 with a 2.75 on e85. It made 699.

What pumps you got?

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Who gives a **** you Hoosier. If your willing to run 25psi you better be willing to play the game bud.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
First I am not a Hoosier. Second, shut your vagina, it's stinking the place up.

Also inform me of this game you talk about.

My 2.3 setup was on e85, 2.75 upper, longtubes, fre at return system with twin 340 pums, fre rails with 80's, BAP, and 2800 maf.

Game enough dick?

My 2.9 setup wil be 105's or higher with twin 340's or 465 pums.

Did I qoute your post? Didnt think so......I was referring to the OP, DICK. I prefer to use the term speak when spoken to bud.

I happen to know Dan (goodtimes44) pretty well aka drinking buddy so he will understand the term "Hoosier".

Dan's game is weak, and is afraid he will grenade that Hoosier motor.

Last edited:

sn94cobra

Corn-aholic
Established Member
Did I qoute your post? Didnt think so......I was referring to the OP, DICK. I prefer to use the term speak when spoken to bud.

I happen to know Dan (goodtimes44) pretty well aka drinking buddy so he will understand the term "Hoosier".

Dan's game is weak, and is afraid he will grenade that Hoosier motor.

Sorry, thought you referring to me didn't see anyone else from Indiana.
I thought it was odd that you would take a jab at a stranger. Modified my post

Anyhow, back on topic.

Last edited:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Sorry, thought you referring to me didn't see anyone else from Indiana.
I thought it was odd that you would take a jab at a stranger. Modified my post

Anyhow, back on topic.

No problem, I didnt see your "Indiana" location till after the post, apologies. :beer::beer: Im from KY originally, so Hoosier is a common term hahah

Interested to see his results as well, his car is a strong runner for 21psi!

sn94cobra

Corn-aholic
Established Member
Im from KY originally, so Hoosier is a common term hahah

Amen, I am from ky originally. Southeastern part. Now you see why I take offense to the Hoosier term. :-D

I can't wait to see a non crusher 2.9 on e85 with a 2.75 upper.

I wonder of the 105's would be enough injector for this setup on e85.

good_times44

Established Member
Amen, I am from ky originally. Southeastern part. Now you see why I take offense to the Hoosier term. :-D

I can't wait to see a non crusher 2.9 on e85 with a 2.75 upper.

I wonder of the 105's would be enough injector for this setup on e85.

From what I've seen it should be enough injector up to 850rwhp. I'd like to break 800, but I'll be happy anywhere close to 800 as well.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Tune better be spot on, and i mean prefect pushing that much boost and hp down a stock motor. at 600 you have alittle wiggle room, 700 still some room, 800 and you are walking a thin line with those pistons. My guess is it will make 25lbs. and make around 760ishhp.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That's a lot of boost for the stock head bolts.. Might want to think about some studs.. Just a thought. It'll be make enough power to make the motor go BOOM if the tune isn't on..

gabe1530

Banned
Ya it's a non crusher. I may switch tuners down here, but I'd be happy even at 760 ish as well. I'm kind of up in there air about the crusher, 2 grand and I don't think I'd see much gain from it. At least not 2 grands worth.

at 25 psi i think it would be worth it. im considering dropping the coin on it right now.

good_times44

Established Member
at 25 psi i think it would be worth it. im considering dropping the coin on it right now.

I had seen a video online somewhere comparing the Crusher inlet assembly vs the JLT high boost intake and at 800hp it only picked up 20rwhp over the highboost. Im sure there are many variables but I want to see some others before and after crusher numbers as well.

gabe1530

Banned
I had seen a video online somewhere comparing the Crusher inlet assembly vs the JLT high boost intake and at 800hp it only picked up 20rwhp over the highboost. Im sure there are many variables but I want to see some others before and after crusher numbers as well.

hmm, i would like to see this video. think you could find it again?

Users who are viewing this thread