2.9 Whipple supercharger Plugs ??

tommy s

Established Member
I'm running 16lbs and 18 lbs of boost Whipple says NGK TR7IX or TR8IX ? gaped at .25 was wondering wich one you guys are running ??

2011SVT

"Oderint Dum Metuant"
Established Member
I'm running 16lbs and 18 lbs of boost Whipple says NGK TR7IX or TR8IX ? gaped at .25 was wondering wich one you guys are running ??

Neither. NGK TR6IX gapped at .025. No issues with idling, fouling, or the '6' being too hot a plug (detonation).

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
As supplied in the FRPP/Whipple 750 hp kit

IMG_7070.jpg

Gap recommended at .026

mullens

Established Member
With the KB I'd do the same. It doesn't mattter how you're getting the boost, but when you get to 18+ psi you're risking some serious detonation running stock heat range. I'm only pushing 15psi and I run 7's just to be safe.

crazyrifle

Established Member
With the KB I'd do the same. It doesn't mattter how you're getting the boost, but when you get to 18+ psi you're risking some serious detonation running stock heat range. I'm only pushing 15psi and I run 7's just to be safe.

im running tr6 isnt ok gap at 28?

mullens

Established Member
Yes .028 is fine for your application. I'm running .035 because I'm at much lower boost.

I know tons of people have run the TR6 without any problems but if it were me I'd switch to the TR7IX becasue I don't feel like changing my plugs every oil change. That's just me though.

Last edited:

shooter23

Established Member
I run the Copper TR6, and yes, I change them every oil change, not that big of a deal though, considering, this is only once a year...

Users who are viewing this thread