2.9 Whipple vs 2.3Whipple

GMG VENOMOUS 04

Established Member
I have 2.3 Whipple 60lb injectors and twin gt pumps modified fpdm and full exhaust making 19lbs will this set up support a 2.9 at 19lbs? What pulley combo are you guys using on the 2.9 to get 19lbs boost? Thanks for looking

mach1033

Established Member
A stock pulley on a 2.9 varies. Mine with a stock upper and 4lb lower made 23lbs of boost which means it would have hit 19lbs on a stock pulley. With that combo my GT pumps 2 fpdms and 60lb injectors were maxed out. With the stock pulley your current fuel set up should be fine.

GMG VENOMOUS 04

Established Member
Thanks for all the input. I just didnt know if it was worth the money to make the change. Does anyone else have any words of wisdom????

mach1033

Established Member
Thanks for all the input. I just didnt know if it was worth the money to make the change. Does anyone else have any words of wisdom????

Of course it worth the money but why settle for 19lbs of boost? This blower shines when its in the 20's. Thats what it is built for. My car was night and day when I installed it last year. The issue your gonna have is your fuel system. If all you want is to stay at 19 then I would say stick with the 2.3 unless you want to really go to the next level in power then the 2.9 is def worth the extra cost. Your 2.3 will sell pretty fast and that will help you in getting the 2.9 and supporting fuel mods that you will need to bring you in the 700 club.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
A stock pulley on a 2.9 varies. Mine with a stock upper and 4lb lower made 23lbs of boost which means it would have hit 19lbs on a stock pulley. With that combo my GT pumps 2 fpdms and 60lb injectors were maxed out. With the stock pulley your current fuel set up should be fine.

If you added a BAP to that setup your fuel system would've been able to handle more with the 2.9, correct? I'm wondering how much HP would your old system support with a BAP added to the mix?

mach1033

Established Member
If you added a BAP to that setup your fuel system would've been able to handle more with the 2.9, correct? I'm wondering how much HP would your old system support with a BAP added to the mix?

I actually bought the gt500 bap and its rated at 1000 flywheel HP with gt pumps and 2 fpdms. I just sold that bap to another member on here and I also sold my fore hat, gt pumps and the fpdms with harness to a buddy of mine. I am now going with the return set up from fore innovations with there new hat, 405 pumps and regulator. I am also upgrading my fuel lines to a stainless set from aeroquip.cc thanks to godstang.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Right, but your fuel system would've been able to handle the 2.9 with no problem if you had've added a BAP to it, so you didn't "have" to change your system if you didn't want to, right?

mach1033

Established Member
Right, but your fuel system would've been able to handle the 2.9 with no problem if you had've added a BAP to it, so you didn't "have" to change your system if you didn't want to, right?

Correct. A bap and 80lb injectors.

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
lol, because you didn't add a BAP, right? I know 80s give you more room, but if you had've added a BAP to the 60s they would not have been maxed out at 700, correct?

60's max out at 675 actual hp, unless u jack up the base pressure which is dangerous . Do it right 80's.

If guys want to run 15psi stick with a eaton...u want to run 17-20psi go 2.3 u want to go 20+ psi get a 2.9 , u want 25+psi get turbos.

Users who are viewing this thread