2.93 pulley

mmartin 6

Established Member
I'm having Kennedy's do the pulley and chip. He is recommending the 2.93 over the 2.80 - little safer. How much of a difference is there between the two - SOTP and RWHP ? Mileage is at 3200 - is it too early to do this ?

IOPNER

Black Crazy
Established Member
Originally posted by mmartin6
I'm having Kennedy's do the pulley and chip. He is recommending the 2.93 over the 2.80 - little safer. How much of a difference is there between the two - SOTP and RWHP ? Mileage is at 3200 - is it too early to do this ?

Just go with the 2.8 and be done with the pulley's. Safer? Just depends on the tune. You could have a 2.8 and a good tune and be safer than a 2.93 and a bad tune. Just up to the tuner. As far as mileage goes, I am putting my new KB on this weekend, I have 1500 miles, so you are ok wil the mileage!!

2814v

Established Member
I am not pullied yet but from what i've read, the HP is close but the 2.80 really up's the TQ. And we all know TQ = SOTP. You will get more heat soak with the 2.80 so a heat exchanger upgrade is recommended. I dont think its too early for you to pully.

mmartin 6

Established Member
Originally posted by 2814v
I am not pullied yet but from what i've read, the HP is close but the 2.80 really up's the TQ. And we all know TQ = SOTP. You will get more heat soak with the 2.80 so a heat exchanger upgrade is recommended. I dont think its too early for you to pully.

I wasn't expecting a new heat exchanger. What's the cost/recommended unit ?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Re: Re: 2.93 pulley

Originally posted by IOPNER
Just go with the 2.8 and be done with the pulley's. Safer? Just depends on the tune. You could have a 2.8 and a good tune and be safer than a 2.93 and a bad tune. Just up to the tuner. As far as mileage goes, I am putting my new KB on this weekend, I have 1500 miles, so you are ok wil the mileage!!
I agree. NO pulley setup can be considered "safe" if the tune is off. I had a 2.90" and just went to the 2.80 with my Apten ported blower mod. I just had my car re-tuned because I want a safe performance tune. I did have to install twin Focus pumps because of the level I'm at but my goal, and the tuner's goal, is for me to have an optimum but SAFE tune. The tune is the real key, not the pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread