2 for 1 kill

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
Well, today turned out to be a great day afterall. It started out helping my buddy put an fipk kit on his 03 then shortly after giving my girl a wash down. At about 1130 pm I go out for a quick burger down the main strip (6 lane). Im cruisin.. minding my own business when a late model camaro and an older.. well I guess it was an el camino come flyin up by my side. Both of these guys were goosing it as they passed by, kind of non-chalently blowing me off.
I could tell that they were motor heads. They had the dashboard tachs and their cars had obviously had alot of work into them. As they both goosed their cars, their front ends would raise up and the loud loud exhaust that they had would scream.
As they passed... well, I just couldnt let em blow off the 03 like that. I fell in behind em and let em know that the snake was hungry. All three of us (the camaro on my left and the camino on my right) slowed down to about 20. From a 20 roll, we all let the hammer drop. Their cars were so loud that I almost couldnt hear her whine.
1st gear netted almost a link on the camaro and about 2 or so on the camino. 2nd and 3rd put another 3- 4 on em. After I hit third we got out of em and I saw that the camaro guys turned around. As the camino passed by slowly, I saw the confused looks on their faces. Laugh my ass off!! was hilarious.
So I turn around and start heading back to my original location, when the camaro came looking for me again. Guess he thought that we needed a second go.
I see him pass and he turns to get on my tail. So I slow back down to a 20 or so.. (due to the location, we didnt go from a stop)
I ease her into first and give the two guys inside a nod. They were two young guys who looked like the average motor heads that you remember back in high school. lol
So again. bam!! the hammer drops!! 1st gear was almost neck n neck this time. I put about a half a link on him before I hit second. Second chirps but quickly gets its traction again. After the shift to second, it was like the snake jumped a solid car link. Soon after, I'm 1/4 way through second I hear him shift to second. By this time the rpms in the snake are climbing so fast and so quick that I'm already goin into 3rd. After about 3rd I get out of it and had put probably about 2- 3 links on him. Im sure he heard the bassani/mac exhaust wailing as the snake pulled on him.
So I slow back down.. just itching to see the confused faces. The passenger looks in amazement and says, "what.. u got the bottle on that?"
So I tell him "no". He then says, "well, what kind of gas are u running. Your gas smells funny."
I tell him "no, its normal gas." (as I smile)
So I hold up my hand and gesture the numbers 0 and 3.
These guys are still scratchin their heads as I continue lightly on my way. :) My first kill in the new snake.. a two for one special! love this car!!
sky

Last edited:

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Man I just can't get no play.. SOMEONE needs to throw me a bone....

I think I'll take the Cobra to work today.. there HAS to be a YUGO driver with an attitude SOMEPLACE....

:dw:

Great kill....

Closest thing I have had to that lately was a 6 cyl Mustang who thought he was all that... and got dusted by my 88 Turbo Coupe...
His look when I told him 4cyl was priceless..

bender460

Established Member
I had a similar experience. One night a 68 elcamino pulls up and wants to race.He was really built up 400sb BDS 671 huffer on it and all. Well he wanted to go get his slicks. I thought a little and seen he had stock heads on it:eek: .So I said sure go get your slicks:-D Then we go race 1st run he pulls me a car out of the hole (slicks) but I put a car on him by third gear them add two more. Then the usual something was wrong can't remember what it was.:rollseyes So we race again and I hook better and beat him again by more. He was Sooooo sad:thumbsup:

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by [sky]03cobra
Well, today turned out to be a great day afterall. It started out helping my buddy put an fipk kit on his 03 then shortly after giving my girl a wash down. At about 1130 pm I go out for a quick burger down the main strip (6 lane). Im cruisin.. minding my own business when a late model camaro and an older.. well I guess it was an el camino come flyin up by my side. Both of these guys were goosing it as they passed by, kind of non-chalently blowing me off.
I could tell that they were motor heads. They had the dashboard tachs and their cars had obviously had alot of work into them. As they both goosed their cars, their front ends would raise up and the loud loud exhaust that they had would scream.
As they passed... well, I just couldnt let em blow off the 03 like that. I fell in behind em and let em know that the snake was hungry. All three of us (the camaro on my left and the camino on my right) slowed down to about 20. From a 20 roll, we all let the hammer drop. Their cars were so loud that I almost couldnt hear her whine.
1st gear netted almost a link on the camaro and about 2 or so on the camino. 2nd and 3rd put another 3- 4 on em. After I hit third we got out of em and I saw that the camaro guys turned around. As the camino passed by slowly, I saw the confused looks on their faces. Laugh my ass off!! was hilarious.
So I turn around and start heading back to my original location, when the camaro came looking for me again. Guess he thought that we needed a second go.
I see him pass and he turns to get on my tail. So I slow back down to a 20 or so.. (due to the location, we didnt go from a stop)
I ease her into first and give the two guys inside a nod. They were two young guys who looked like the average motor heads that you remember back in high school. lol
So again. bam!! the hammer drops!! 1st gear was almost neck n neck this time. I put about a half a link on him before I hit second. Second chirps but quickly gets its traction again. After the shift to second, it was like the snake jumped a solid car link. Soon after, I'm 1/4 way through second I hear him shift to second. By this time the rpms in the snake are climbing so fast and so quick that I'm already goin into 3rd. After about 3rd I get out of it and had put probably about 2- 3 links on him. Im sure he heard the bassani/mac exhaust wailing as the snake pulled on him.
So I slow back down.. just itching to see the confused faces. The passenger looks in amazement and says, "what.. u got the bottle on that?"
So I tell him "no". He then says, "well, what kind of gas are u running. Your gas smells funny."
I tell him "no, its normal gas." (as I smile)
So I hold up my hand and gesture the numbers 0 and 3.
These guys are still scratchin their heads as I continue lightly on my way. :) My first kill in the new snake.. a two for one special! love this car!!
sky

Were they not able to hear the obnoxious blower whine?:??:

a94cobra

Established Member
Some people are clueless. I was a the car wash and one of the guys asked me if that was an 03 Cobra. I said yes. He wanted to look under the hood. Now, I just assumed that if he knew that an 03 Cobra existed he would know a little something about the car. So I popped the hood. He admired it for a minute and started asking questions. Then he said, "If you get a supercharger, I bet that thing would really run!"

At this point I didn't even try to explain.

Gatorac

Established Member
"If you get a supercharger, I bet that thing would really run!"

That's classic.:kaboom:

Eventually people will recognize what that funny rear spoiler means they are up against.:coolman:

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
I dont think they could hear the blower whine cause their cars were twice as loud as mine.... and I thought my exhaust was fairly loud! lmao! :shrug:

BoneCrusher

Established Member
That's a great kill. The visuals from reading your story had me laughing, I can just see those guys shaking their heads.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread