2 FPD officers shot this morning 031215

oldmodman

Established Member
I sure hope they both recover fully.

I just searched this shooting on all the news sources. Nothing new.

I wonder if I would make it home alive if I wore a "Cops Lives Matter" t-shirt?

Dalton_ray

Established Member
All my shift has been able to find about it is, "5 year veteran took the shot to the face, 14 year veteran took the shot to the shoulder", very unfortunate situation, they did say they are conscious but in serious condition, sometimes it's difficult to imagine what people think in these situation. Hearts going out to all of our LEO guys out there.

Stay safe folks.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
This should be moved to smackdown, as it would really take off there. But my thoughts and prayers are with the officers.

oldmodman

Established Member
Latest reports state that there were 4 shots fired.

By pistol.

From 125 yards away!

I don't think I could hit a moving target with a pistol from that distance even with a laser or red dot sight.

That's really scary. I don't think I could even see someone pointing a pistol at me from that distance.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Hoping the Police officers envoled make a full recovery.

You may have already seen a reply of mine on SVTP. Someone decided to call Ferguson "crap city", I wasn't happy to say the least! I live in this area, 10-15 minutes away in Florissant, MO. My question is how can St. Louis County Police say "they believe they were the target" that's what was said on local news. Yes, they may have been, but let's not rule out the fact that a LOT of people in this area are tired of the protests. Maybe a black man/woman was the intended target. A cheap gun, someone with lack of "gun" experience and quite frankly shaking & scared would be "lucky" to hit the side of a building. Let's hope they catch the person(s) involved.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
You may have already seen a reply of mine on SVTP. Someone decided to call Ferguson "crap city", I wasn't happy to say the least! I live in this area, 10-15 minutes away in Florissant, MO. My question is how can St. Louis County Police say "they believe they were the target" that's what was said on local news. Yes, they may have been, but let's not rule out the fact that a LOT of people in this area are tired of the protests. Maybe a black man/woman was the intended target. A cheap gun, someone with lack of "gun" experience and quite frankly shaking & scared would be "lucky" to hit the side of a building. Let's hope they catch the person(s) involved.

You are confusing "possible" with "probable". Is it possible the officers were not the target? Absolutely (it's also "possible" alien beings were the culprits). Was it probable that the officers were not the target? Most likely not.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
You are confusing "possible" with "probable". Is it possible the officers were not the target? Absolutely (it's also "possible" alien beings were the culprits). Was it probable that the officers were not the target? Most likely not.[/QUOT

You couldn't understand the above statement?

boostownsme

Established Member
You are confusing "possible" with "probable". Is it possible the officers were not the target? Absolutely (it's also "possible" alien beings were the culprits). Was it probable that the officers were not the target? Most likely not.[/QUOT

I'm sure he did. Anyone that says that the protestors might have been the target is living life with their head in the sand. Especially given the fact that not one, but two officers were shot. There are no coincidences in this world

Lt. ZO6

Established Member

With the two Belgian beers in me last night, of course I didn't!

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I'm sure he did. Anyone that says that the protestors might have been the target is living life with their head in the sand. Especially given the fact that not one, but two officers were shot. There are no coincidences in this world

Those that investigate with a "closed" mind do so with their head in the sand.

98stangerSVT

Established Member

Dalton_ray

Established Member
Wow 91stamgerSVT, crazy man, glad you made it out untouched though, best of luck out there.:beer:

Glad that both are making a full recovery. Hope things stay quiet there...

Users who are viewing this thread