2 issues

chuckdlightning

Established Member
Finally got around to changing my plugs the other day. Truck ran great... then started sputtering and I could hear an exhaust leak. No CEL or anything.. I pulled over and one of the hoses (the back one) had popped off the DPFE valve. WHY? Whenever I go WOT it comes off. I mean; I know I can put a clamp on it to make it stop blowing off; but why is it doing that? Bad DPFE valve? It never did this before I changed my plugs.

2nd issue... when my truck is in gear and I'm at a light or something; it makes sort of a rattling noise. Almost sounds like a cat going bad or the inspection cover rattling. When I put the truck in neutral; the noise goes away... any ideas?

supeg

Established Member
Mine does same thing as second question.

More of a Rattle/Growling noise.

When my Blower belt is off no noise. Think it is the coupler. Got idler setup and its not that old so I do not think it is them. Only does it in gear, not N

chuckdlightning

Established Member
Mine does same thing as second question.

More of a Rattle/Growling noise.

When my Blower belt is off no noise. Think it is the coupler. Got idler setup and its not that old so I do not think it is them. Only does it in gear, not N
well damnit... that sucks

Ctown2Ctown

that rattling noise is probably one of your heat sheilds. it should rattle more if you rev it up. get under your truck and just start tapping on the heat sheilds. a bolt or a weld may have come loose. its happened to me half a dozen times. my old integra had every single heat shield do that. so when i got my turbo minivan i just ripped them all off. kinda had to with the full 3" turbo back exhaust i put on.

supeg

Established Member
well damnit... that sucks

Try this for the sound. Take of the blower belt and start truck and put in drive and see if noise still there. If it is then it is not Blower, Belt or Idler.

If that is case, prob Catback or Heatshield like that other guy said.

chuckdlightning

Established Member
hose could be blowing off due to excessive back pressure... cats might be plugged or failing?

DER! Why didn't I think of that?!?! Failing cats could be my rattling noise as well. Thanks.. Think I'm gonna hollow those bastards out for a quick fix. Save some $$ for a high-flow-cat mid or something.

Users who are viewing this thread