2+ months and nothing...

mach330

Established Member
I ordered a '13 over 2 months ago and still haven't got a build date. I get my $1000 deposit back if the car doesn't show up by the end of September. Should I start looking elsewhere? Is there any chance it will get here by the end of September if I don't have a build date yet?

BlackOutUT

Established Member
Unless you have a very specific/unique order I would at least start looking on dealer lots. I mean why not!

peteypab2133

Established Member
3/17 ordered 7/19 delivered.

Most have waited 3.5 to 5 months. Once I got my vin and build date, things went fast. I say, just wait. Won't get it any faster ordering elsewhere.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Habbro

Noob
Established Member
Do you have an order #? If so Deysha at mustangsource.com (do a search string and her name comes up a million times) may be able to help provide some insight about your order. If not I agree with above search for some on dealer lots and hopefully the don't try to stick it to you with heavy ADM. Good luck.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I ordered a '13 over 2 months ago and still haven't got a build date. I get my $1000 deposit back if the car doesn't show up by the end of September. Should I start looking elsewhere? Is there any chance it will get here by the end of September if I don't have a build date yet?

Are you sure your dealer had an allocation for your order. They can place an order for the car without an allocation, but it won't be picked up for production until it is allocated. The dealer will not volunteer this information, you need to ask. If he can prove that it is allocated, I would not walk away from the deal. You can still look around for what you want and not jeopardize the deal you already have.

mach330

Established Member
Unless you have a very specific/unique order I would at least start looking on dealer lots. I mean why not!

It is... Black with red stripes, glass roof (have not seen any in this combo), electronics package and heated seats. I'm guessing it will be the only one in the world with this combo. :banana:

BrettR

Established Member
Not the only one

004-3.jpg

001-3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

mullens

Established Member
Do you have an order #? If so Deysha at mustangsource.com (do a search string and her name comes up a million times) may be able to help provide some insight about your order. If not I agree with above search for some on dealer lots and hopefully the don't try to stick it to you with heavy ADM. Good luck.

Yes definitely reach out to Deysha. The dealer didn't give me any info but she hooked me up with my VIN and build date. PM her with your order # and dealer. She is very busy but will get back to you within a day or two.

BrettR

Established Member
Yeah I read it over after I posted the pictures :(

I guess the only thing I read was black, red, and only one in the world lol. I guess I blocked everything else out.

mach330

Established Member
Yeah I read it over after I posted the pictures :(

I guess the only thing I read was black, red, and only one in the world lol. I guess I blocked everything else out.

Lol it happens.. But yes I meant only one in the world that is Black with red AND glass roof AND heated seats AND electronics package. If I ever find another one I will buy the owner a beer.

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member
Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.....all things remaining OEM.........heated seats in a vehicle that has high performance tires rated for temps of 40degF and above.

mach330

Established Member
Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.....all things remaining OEM.........heated seats in a vehicle that has high performance tires rated for temps of 40degF and above.

I know right?! Like I said, only one in the world :banana:

drmustang

Banned

Yeah really, heated seats in a 662HP Muscle Car. Ridiculous. Does that package come with a dash mounted Aspercream dispenser?

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member
I know you're anxious, we all are in this boat. There are still people waiting who ordered when the order banks opened. I'm going on 15 weeks since I've ordered. I'm staying put with my dealer, because I'm dealing with the owner and am getting under MSRP. Whether or not the owner is telling the truth, I won't know until (or if) my car gets built.

mach330

Established Member
Yeah really, heated seats in a 662HP Muscle Car. Ridiculous. Does that package come with a dash mounted Aspercream dispenser?

:shrug: If you don't want them, don't get them on yours...

I, on the other hand, will order my car the way I want it. ;-)

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member

Exactly! Who cares what others think...I too am getting heated seats!!! And I live in CA!! But it doesn't take much for me to be cold, so that's why I got them! For the money I'm spending, of course I'm getting this car for the performance, but I'll take what little bit of luxury I can with it! ;-)

drmustang

Banned

It is hard to imagine using or needing heated seats unless it is really cold out. How often are these cars operated in frigid weather?

Users who are viewing this thread