2 valve beatdowns

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Since when is 700whp in a 3100lb car no longer "big power"....lol...

Since there are numerous 1000+hp cars running around the streets. Dont get me wrong, they are still FAST, just the bar has been set higher.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
I love these conversations.

Any stock blocked, stock headed, LS cars going 6.3's?

What is the fastest all motor LS car?

Everyone wants to talk how badass the LS platform is, when actually the Modular platform is FAR FAR FAR better as far as efficiency. NO WAY in hell a 284CI LS motor could go 6.3's with some stock cast heads, and stock block....can't even do it at 346+ Last time I checked, the fastest LS1 was like a 6.6 or so...and it had aftermarket heads, AND custom block IIRC. Actually I think it was a 6.0 iron block.

NO WAY IN HELL a 324CI or less LS motor could go 9.0's N/A in a camaro.....can they even do it at 346+???

If you take a junkyard motor, and want huge power.....then yes, an LS motor on some spray/poweradder is nasty.

Last edited:

99redls1

Established Member
A 408 LOL you can't even afford a clutch!

Oh dont worry about me and my clutch. I can afford it but I dont feel like spending the money on that right now. I can afford a 408 also if I feel like it but I dont feel like spending the money on that also. I have a lil bit more money than you think ;-) Im smart with my money thats why I dont wanna spend the money and I never said that I was going to get a 408 I was just stating that you could get one for about 5 grand.

99redls1

Established Member
I love these conversations.

Any stock blocked, stock headed, LS cars going 6.3's?

What is the fastest all motor LS car?

Everyone wants to talk how badass the LS platform is, when actually the Modular platform is FAR FAR FAR better as far as efficiency. NO WAY in hell a 284CI LS motor could go 6.3's with some stock cast heads, and stock block....can't even do it at 346+ Last time I checked, the fastest LS1 was like a 6.6 or so...and it had aftermarket heads, AND custom block IIRC. Actually I think it was a 6.0 iron block.

NO WAY IN HELL a 324CI or less LS motor could go 9.0's N/A in a camaro.....can they even do it at 346+???

If you take a junkyard motor, and want huge power.....then yes, an LS motor on some spray/poweradder is nasty.

Yeah but 4 valves per cylinder are much more efficient than 2 valves. You can flow a hell of a lot more. Thats why you make good power with small cubes and boost. Plus you can rev the hell out of them.

whipplesnake

Established Member
Oh dont worry about me and my clutch. I can afford it but I dont feel like spending the money on that right now. I can afford a 408 also if I feel like it but I dont feel like spending the money on that also. I have a lil bit more money than you think ;-) Im smart with my money thats why I dont wanna spend the money and I never said that I was going to get a 408 I was just stating that you could get one for about 5 grand.

I have no idea how much $ you have or don't have, but If you have coin laying around, put some parts on and be fast.

99redls1

Established Member
I have no idea how much $ you have or don't have, but If you have coin laying around, put some parts on and be fast.

I do have some money but Im taking my time and trying to be smart about it with what I buy. Ya know what I mean. I want to make sure that when I buy something I want it to work well with some of the other stuff that I am going to put on it. I have a cam and all the stuff that I need to install it I just havnt decided if I want to do some heads at the same time. If I do heads I havent made up my mind on what set I want to get. Im thinking of just getting some ls6 heads for pretty cheap and milling them to get a lil extra compression and then some bowl work or I am going to go with some 5.3 stage 2.5 heads from tsp but they cost more money. I dont know decisions decisions lol. Either way I still wont be as fast as all the mustangs around here.

99redls1

Established Member
Hey Bob how does that guy 98 silverstang guys car run on the other site? Do you know anything about his car?

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
2v 4.6's are not as efficient as a 2v ls motor. A 2v mod motor head flows 190. An ls1 head flows 260. Anyone that thinks their bolt on 2v is an ls killer has not raced any well driven ls car. I have plenty of trouble with ls cars in my n/a cobra. And who cares about what your car can do with spray. Any backwoods idiot can bolt on nitrous. I can put a 150 shot on o a 92' buick century and make numbers.

If you are refering to the John Mihovetz/Accufab car that runs 6.30's, the block is hard filled so its not really stock. They also have a stockpile of heads and blocks for that car because they burn up so many motors in it. Headgaskets only last a couple of runs.

Ls motors can and have runs 9's on 346ci. Go check out the dyno results fourm on ls1 tech and page through it, there are some impressive all motor builds in there, or you could not do any research on the subject and just stay an ignorant mustang driver and be the reason everybody else in the car world hates mustangs.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
^ I dont need to read what they make, I know what they make

What 6.30 car doesn't go through a lot parts?

I know the potential of the LS cars, as I was getting them to go 11's with bolt_ons shortly after their release.

I know the LS platform has better potential for everyday joes.....and etc etc etc.

02GTP

Banned
i once beat a ws6 t/a in my car when it was stock with only intake/exhaust. sprayed him with a 75 shot and pulled like apes...

lol thanks for cheering me up but its not april fools anymore. what does a full bolt on 2v trap, 103? yea thats not even enough for ls anything.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
lol thanks for cheering me up but its not april fools anymore. what does a full bolt on 2v trap, 103? yea thats not even enough for ls anything.

103?? :lol:

Nah, you can get a bolt-on car to trap a bit higher than that..

Sike!

Established Member
We will just have to wait for the 2011 gt with the 6.2 and see the power it puts down verus the ls3. That will give us an idea who builds a better motor. If the 2011 is a 2v it will be a good match up and when they boost it which i am sure they will. It will be nasty:banana:

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
I think the new motor in the GT's is going to be the coyote. 5.0 DOHC.

I don't see them using the 6.2 very often to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread