2 weeks ago today

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Im glad you got your freedom back! I have been there as well, and it just feels good to get away and dump the unnecessary stress.

coposrv

Established Member
YES! I was working for a company in the aerospace, pharma, biotech industry. Some months I would work 3-400 hours. traveled all over at a whim. No time or consistency to plan anything. Basically on call ready to go at a moments notice. After 3 years of this I was sent to the research triangle for the third time in a month. On my return I walked into the bosses office and quit. Straight up. I needed to do things on my terms. The job had great upside if I was willing to put everything on hold but life is short. I've bee. In my own in the electrical field again for 2 years. Four words. It's in my terms.

hb712

Established Member
Good for you. I respect you making a decision to better take control of your life. I changed my career path for very similar reasons, and do not regret it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good for you to decide that a job won't rule your life, especially when it brings a high level of stress. I always wonder, on average, how much of your life is shortened with a stress-filled job. Sort of puts things into a real perspective.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I have enjoyed reading ya'lls thoughts...refreshing that others feel the same. 2 weeks out and I already feel like a new man.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
not a bad idea, I had a job working 12-15 hours plus an hours commute and they expected us to work holidays and weekends. They would feed us lunch and dinner and coffee up the wazoo to keep us in the building. Chose a different path in the same field and am much happier for it.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I've gone the other way.... I was bored with my 9-5 so I started branching out and doing my own thing about a year ago. The past couple months have been insane, I've been working since the minute I wake up to the minute I go to bed most days. And I love it. Maybe I'll get burned out eventually but for now it's the happiest I've been with work in a long time.

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
This is why I made the decision to be self-employed. I have a family to support, so it was a tough decision - but I just can not work for anybody, and I refuse to work in an office/prison environment and waste my life away.

Users who are viewing this thread