$200,000 Hennessey Shelby Cobra???

BOOSTER03

Established Member
Last night I saw the #2 made white convertible Hennessey Shelby Cobra with the KR600 package. Gentleman mentioned that he paid almost $200k for the car. When the number hit the crowd everyone swarmed. Feedback??

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I highly doubt it. Arent the most expensive viper packages something like 50 grand? Even so I doubt they have a package over 100 grand. I mean were talking about a car that cost around 65K if he paid over msrp and then the extras. So thats my thoughts

BOOSTER03

Established Member
I hear ya !! I have seen the Shelby for 60k...maybe the package costs 5k?? I couldnt understand it at all.......dyno sheet says it put down 543rwhp......I got a lot of catchin up to do!!

Deftones

Established Member
I saw the 06 or 07 Hennessey Viper on ebay and they wanted $225,000 for that beast. Think about its worth it and it is way faster than about 95% of the exotics out there that run the same price or more. The 1000 HP version of course.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
someone is still dumb enough to get hennesscrewed?

Apparently so.

I completely believe the $200K price tag given Hennessey's criminal...I
mean...above average pricing in the past.

BOOSTER03

Established Member
what would I have to do to beat that thing???? 03 vert.... 460 rwhp!! How much does it weigh compared to ours??? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!@!!!!

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
BOOSTER03 said:
what would I have to do to beat that thing???? 03 vert.... 460 rwhp!! How much does it weigh compared to ours??? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!@!!!!

Honestly...not much. It's basically a slightly modified GT500 with
a hefty price for some BS work done to it by a scam artist.

Hulk

Established Member
I don't get the whole name thing. I wouldn't want any person's name on my car(besides Ford), not Shelby's, Not Foose's, and certainly not Hennessey's. His name sounds like a whiskey anyway...

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I'm almost afraid to ask this is case I'm wrong. But...is this the guy who has had a ton of legal problems...including jail time...for selling stolen Subaru parts, including an engine with the serial numbers ground off? He was also involved in a stolen car, etc.? If I'm wrong, please set me straight and I'll edit this question out immediately.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Some people will pay (foolishly) for a tuner name they deem to be exclusive. Hennesey would be at the top of that list. Which is why the Hennesey Viper is probably the most recognized tuner modified Viper of all. Would I pay that kind of money. Nope. This coming from a guy who paid Reeves Callaway big bucks to modify his/my 1994 Camaro over a period of three years back in the late 90s. I threw away a lot of money but made Reeves all that more wealthy. Live and learn! And I DID learn.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
ack, I wont even pay the 50k they want for a shelby cobra, and not because I think the new shelby isnt a good car, its just too damn overpriced.

I havent even spent close to that on my 30k terminator and I have 600 to the rear wheels, the whole suspension replaced, transmission, rims/tires, tons of frame strengthening, fuel system, bling upgrades, etc.

if they ever get realistic in price i would certainly consider one but crin out loud 50k(60k if you want one now in my area) to get it out the door is insane.

Users who are viewing this thread