2000 Lightning

Chadwick0585

Established Member
As some of u may know im the guy who blew up the lightning in 3 days haha....well after the motor had been takin apart and the compter and what not, it comes to find out that the Lightning had some kinda superchip in it, and it was allowing the supercharged to overboost the engine which in turn melted the pistons haha....ya i bought it from the dealership and they said it was stock, come to find out i guess it wasent......man that thing would run, from a dead stop when i stomped it, it would spin 1st, 2nd, and halfway through 3rd before it cought traction.....its a shame it blew, my thoughts are the guy who put the chip in it dident get a tune and thats why it blew???

Chadwick0585

Established Member
really? huh, i dunno thats just what the mechanic was telling me that the chip allowed the extra boost......if that wasent it what do u guys think? the code on the comptuer was boost overload.

Chadwick0585

Established Member
Used, with 44k on it.....when i bought it they said it was stock, then i blew it up and they fought a chip in it.....i guess im going to have to go down there and look at the pulleys.....how would u know if its a stock pully?

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Stock lower pully will have a cage looking contraption with it. Upper pully, its easy to eye them...but I am guessing you don't know enough about them to tell. The stock upper pully is just a solid black pully...some aftermarket uppers have holes drilled in them.

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Yeah a chip will not mess with the boost. The supercharger might be ported if the pullys have not been messed with.

Chadwick0585

Established Member
is any of the other pulleys down there 8.5 inchs??? i bought the truck and it was suppost to be stock, now come to find out it had a chip in it and a programmer....

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Would a chip allow for the boost bypass, or is that just after changing around the hoses? My old truck had that done and blew the head gaskets.

Users who are viewing this thread