2000 R cf air splitter - another run

Andy M

Established Member
Splitter number one is ready and will be delivered to Gary this coming Friday. Bruce, yours should be ready no later than early next week so I will ping you via email to arrange payment and shipping instructions.

TY and Todd,

I've sent each of you an email. Yours should be ready in the next 2-3 weeks.

Andy M

Established Member
Splitter #1 delivered Friday to Gary in Houston. Here is a pic. The fabricator is now using a clear epoxy resin which explains the look of this latest version. As in the past, this version can certainly be primed and painted to match your particular car.

Last edited:

Andy M

Established Member
For the 3rd and 4th spliiters in this run, I wanted to throw out an option you guys may want to consider. THe fabricator has made a mold of the metal forks and can fabricate one made out of carbon fiber. Joe Johnson has one on his cf splitter and his is molded into the splitter. However, we can make one and you can just bolt it on like the original splitter and metal forks. let me know guys? I will email each of you so we can make a decision on whether or not you will want to have one of these.

Andy M

Established Member
Ok folks, the last two entrants have fallen off the radar for now. Please let me know asap if there are any more of you who want one of these carbon fiber splitters. The fabricator is ready to make more and has sufficient materials on hand to avoid an increase in the cost.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Wow, Andy. That thing looks amazing unpainted! Do they have the big aluminum skid plate on the bottom... like the one still on R 155?

BTW, for anyone wondering... these things look stock when painted to match, but are SO strong!

bj75o2.jpg

kevin

Not only strong!!! But light!! :-D

ditto on that.

i'm still running mine (has a few scrapes) but this is one tough piece.

suggestion for all - cut yourself a thin piece of aluminum (or whatever) that you can rivet to the leading edge underneath - this will save you a lot of scraping risk.

JoeJ

Established Member
Guys,

The carbon fiber forks which was molded into my last splitter has broken off and I am just holding the splitter on with 4 nut screws. The splitter is so light and tough, I have no problem with it moving around while at speed on the track. I got away from the DZUS fasteners as they were a pain to make up while putting the splitter on the car.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I would be interested if the Dzus fastners were already drilled out..Drilling isnt my thing

There is a witness in the carbon fiber at all of the Dzus fastener locations. It will be a piece of cake to put the Dzus fasteners in. I can take some photos of the install if it will help.

Andy:

I just received the splitter today and all I can say is AWESOME!!!! :dancenana::dancenana:

It's less than 7# but by the time I get fasteners on it and paint it will most likely be about 8-9# give or take.

Thanks again Andy for your assistance on this! I owe you a few :beer: next time I see you!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

kevin

i like the black look, don't paint it.

how is it attached, i see no fasteners?

you gonna put a thin piece of aluminum under it at the leading edge to help preserve it?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce,

Since you are soooo weight conscious I say leave it CF and save a couple pounds.

Tom

Maybe I will consider that!

i like the black look, don't paint it.

how is it attached, i see no fasteners?

you gonna put a thin piece of aluminum under it at the leading edge to help preserve it?

It's just sitting on there now. I need to cut out the holes for the Dzus fasteners. Maybe a Saturday project.

kevin

Maybe I will consider that!

It's just sitting on there now. I need to cut out the holes for the Dzus fasteners. Maybe a Saturday project.

have you seen joe's way of attaching?

if i were doing a new splitter - i would go that way. four thread sets and screws and you're on. i think i have a pic if joe hasn't already posted some.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
have you seen joe's way of attaching?

if i were doing a new splitter - i would go that way. four thread sets and screws and you're on. i think i have a pic if joe hasn't already posted some.

Joe has not posted the pics. (that I have seen)

If you have pics Kevin, post 'em up!

Thanks,

Bruce

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Does Gwenie have a heart again, Bruce? Or, is she still under the knife?

Man I wish! Hopefully the motor will be done at the end of the month. I decided to add a little torque so that's going to involve a little more surgery.

No Doubt the motor will be at Marv's place about the time the Spring Rush is at it's peak! :cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread