2000 R Gerodisc differential

KWB

Established Member
I have a new (unused) Gerodisc differential for the Cobra 2000 R (there were 305 units manufactured - this is 1 of the 5 made that were not put into cars). If anyone is interested I can e-mail pictures / discuss price. I was going to put it in my '3 cobra, but then found out that it required unequal lenght half shafts. Before posting it on ebay, I thought I'd start here, as this forum is more vehicle specific.

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
You might find someone on this forum who would be interested in it, but most 00R owners who seriously track their car have ditched the Gerodisc in favor of the Torsen T2R.

KWB

Established Member
Flying Fred said:
You might find someone on this forum who would be interested in it, but most 00R owners who seriously track their car have ditched the Gerodisc in favor of the Torsen T2R.

Right. I'm looking for someone who wants to replace, or have a spare unit without getting involved with the short halfshaft issue. To my knowledge, this is the only new one "in play", all others being in cars.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
KWB said:
Right. I'm looking for someone who wants to replace, or have a spare unit without getting involved with the short halfshaft issue. To my knowledge, this is the only new one "in play", all others being in cars.

Mine's not in my car! :-D Or even in a diff for that matter!? It's got lots of life left in it! It's only got a couple thousand miles on it! :coolman:

KWB

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Mine's not in my car! :-D Or even in a diff for that matter!? It's got lots of life left in it! It's only got a couple thousand miles on it! :coolman:

Interesting. I spoke to SVT and they didn't even have a part number for it, much less a number for the short GKN halfshaft.

b4409

Established Member
It should do well on ebay. I too have some halfshafts to match, should you need some :)

KWB

Established Member
b4409 said:
It should do well on ebay. I too have some halfshafts to match, should you need some :)

For anyone who is interested, the differential is listed for sale on e-bay, Item number: 230105310552, with less than 2 hours left. The present bid is $195 and is only $5 under the reserve price. Not much activity. Shame to see it go for so little, considering there are only a few around.

Users who are viewing this thread