2000 R

ralphcobra

Established Member
It's a done deal. # 204 now is in permanent residence in Fortson, Georgia. I just got back from Pennsylvania with the car. It took a seventeen hundred mile trip to bring to Georgia, but now I am offically a real R owner. Guess I will change my signature somewhat to reflect the new addition.Ralph :pepper:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
ralphcobra said:
It's a done deal. # 204 now is in permanent residence in Fortson, Georgia. I just got back from Pennsylvania with the car. It took a seventeen hundred mile trip to bring to Georgia, but now I am offically a real R owner. Guess I will change my signature somewhat to reflect the new addition.Ralph :pepper:

Congrats Ralph! How many miles? Condition?

R

Last edited:

svtguy

Established Member
Congrats! Any plans for the car? If you have any questions, this is the place to ask.

Paul.

comprepsvo

Established Member
Ralph, glad you made it back, any problems getting the splitter off? You and I are two peas in a pod buddy, SVO's, 93 Cobras and now 00 R's. Glad to have you aboard, we definately need to do some caravaning, down the road in both our R's. Are you wiping the grin off your face yet, after driving it?

Call me

Ben

ralphcobra

Established Member
2000r

The grin is still pretty much the makeup of my face at this point. The car is awesome. It was in the exact condition the guy said it would be. The extra splitter is brand new, never been installed. The splitter on the car has a little rash here and there. Yes, I had to remove it to get the car on the trailer, but that wasn't difficult.The original owner has installed a kenwood radio in the car but everything else is just as it came, plus he had ALL documentation, even his original bill of sale, where he paid $70,760 for the car out the door.. For those of you interested, the car has 9800 miles and I paid 35,900 for it.
Now the real dilemma begins. I have always said that even though I have many cars, I don't want a car that I don't drive. Well , this one might change my mind. I have two cars that I run in open track already, both 86 SVO'S, and I really like them, but it would be awsome to take this red jet to a open track event and let it go, but on the other hand, it would break my heart to see it up against a wall at Road Atlanta, and I can't even begin to think about babying the car around a track, that just ain't me.Soooooo----, what do I do, look at it a let it appreciate naturally, or give it hell and really appreciate it, hey, maybe this should be worth a poll, just kidding.
Ben, as you know I will be looking forward to running or riding or drinking beer with you in whatever event happens, whether it be . cobra R, Cobra, Gt, Mach 1, Cobra kit car, or SVO. So bring them all on, now I have all the ponies that I ever wanted, well except that GT-500 that I probably won't own until the market for them changes from the direction that it is taking now.
Looking forward to meeting some of you R guys now, might even be at a track... Ralph :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
ralph, congrats! thats a great price! if you're up for another road trip, you'd have a great time at the Cobra Nationals at Gingerman in michigan this sept! :rockon: more info in the thread at the top of the R forum....

SDW Racing

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Congratulations Ralph! Welcome to "The Club"! :pepper:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

hmmmm......where else have I heard this phrase before????

cruisingpic3.jpg

Andy M

Established Member
Ralph,

Welcome aboard and congrats on purchasing the 2000 R. :beer: Is it still bone stock?

Get ready to spend some more dollars if you plan to track it much. :( This stuff is very addicting. Just ask those of us who hang out here and regularly track our cars. For some reason, it is very difficult to avoid modding even an R car?? :bash: :shrug:

Last edited:

ralphcobra

Established Member
Thanks guys, you have been most gracious with a new R guy. To answer your question Andy, the car is bone stock except for a kenwood radio that was added. I will take it out if I can figure out what Ford would have put in this car if it had one to begin with. I have put out some feelers to find out what the wiring will accept without hacking up the car.
I bought the car with the intention of not open tracking it, but the feel that it has may be too much for me to resist. I put it on the lift this afternoon , with much grief and found out that it did not have sub frame connectors, which surprised me. I would certainly have thought that would be one of the first things Ford did . Second surprise was the configuration of that side exhaust, maybe be efficient , but sure makes the car hard to lift up with a lift.
It's is probably obvious to everyone now that I have alot to learn with these cars,but I learn fast and will probably be spending money with the best of them when I finally wear the new off the car and decide to do with the car what it was intended to do, which is haul ass in a non-straight line . I have a pretty fair track car now, a 350 h.p. svo, and I open track about 8-10 times a year with it at Road Atlanta, Roebling Road, Little Talladega, Barber, and Nashville, but I am sure that I will not be able to overcome the temptation to see what this car will do compared to my svo. Hope to hook up with some of you guys soon. Ralph

SVT GuY 281SC

Banned
I think i've seen this car before on the owners gallery, about a year or two ago with 7800 miles, i remember him saying the car came with all the factory stereo wiring and he just plugged it in and hooked it all up. Idk if it is the same car, but it sure as hell sounds it. the number does ring a bell..

03'Darin

Established Member
Welcome aboard Ralph and congratulations on the purchase. You got an awesome car! It's been taken very good care of to this point and it souds like it found a good home.

Now what size ball does your trailer take? lol :poke: Glad that didn't turn out bad.

BTW does it look very similar to this?? :-D

RobsR1.gif

Darin

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
ac427cobra said:
Congratulations Ralph! Welcome to "The Club"!
I agree. Welcome to the Cobra R Club (GA chapter)!

BTW, It is a slight possibility that some of you are not aware that Fortson, GA is near Columbus, GA. It's a short drive to Barber and an easy drive to Rd Atl. It's a place where the Sheriff will watch out for the State Patrol while you do Sunday morning "test sessions".

Congrats, Ralph! You got a great car and an excellent deal.

P/S I drove farther than you; my car was from near Buffalo, NY.

03'Darin

Established Member
SVT GuY 281SC said:
I think i've seen this car before on the owners gallery, about a year or two ago with 7800 miles, i remember him saying the car came with all the factory stereo wiring and he just plugged it in and hooked it all up. Idk if it is the same car, but it sure as hell sounds it. the number does ring a bell..

Nope, never here in the owners gallery.

Users who are viewing this thread