2000+ rpm idle after accufab install and tune

keroseneburner

Established Member
While I am waiting on my x4 to come back (and it may be a while) I hooked up the actron scanner (nothing fancy by any means but it will do some form of datalog) and drove the car. I got it to do the fall on it's face thing and have some pids. Don't exactly know what to do with them.

I don't think the problem is the tune as the problem was there before the tune (the idle part was not but that seems to be somewhat resolved) I had hoped the tune would fix the other problem but I think something is failing.

Last edited:

keroseneburner

Established Member
So I pressed teh shcrader valve to release the fuel pressure and there wasn't any. That would explain the long crank time and maybe part of the problem? I am unsure how the system works but usually there is a check valve somewhere that keeps the pressure up, could a regulator or pump be going bad?

keroseneburner

Established Member
I turned the key on and primed it, key on engine off...got a small squirt of fuel out the schrader valve an then no more. I thought it should maintain around 40psi...maybe the engine has to be running for that.

keroseneburner

Established Member
I pulled the intake manifold today and found the problem. The gasket was pretty geeked
Up pics posted below

Last edited:

keroseneburner

Established Member
I pulled the intake manifold today and found the problem. The gasket was pretty geeked up and had to be leaking. I can't imagine what would cause that. It looks like something caustic got on it or something.
IMG_4027_zpsz7awd0nz.jpg
[/URL]

keroseneburner

Established Member
nevermind, that didn't fix it. Still falls flat on its face as soon as boost hits while hot. I wish I had bought a boat, a plane, and married a stripper as they would all be cheaper than owning this thing.

keroseneburner

Established Member
got my x4 back, now I can datalog. I have a datalog of it falling on it's face under boost, I don't know what I am looking at exactly. What should I be looking for? The voltage to the fuel pump seems low, really low. Never gets to 12volts or anywhere near it, seems to hover around 4-5 volts, I am not 100% clear on the retunless system other than the fpdm controls the output based on demand.

cj428mach

Established Member
The gaskets look like that if they get gas on them which is common during removal of the intake. If you let them sit out over night they'll return back to normal.

keroseneburner

Established Member
Hopefully problem solved.....someone brought up the fact that the computer retards timing when engine is hot/heat soaked but the intercooler cools the intake charge....hmmmmmm intercooler you say..I jumped the cooler pump and guess what? it wasn't running. I guess the car sat to long while I was bulding it. Anyway cooler pump is running, air is purged out and I will test run tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread