2000L -vs- new Saturn

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
sittinondubs said:
Come on you know you let him have it, Droped it in third probably 30 car difference
:lol:

Yeah, you're probably right.

I bet I'm a victim of an "SRT-4 beats Cobra from a roll" kill story on some ricer forum somewhere. :shrug:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
4tun8 said:
It is a quick car for a saturn, but SRT-4s destroy them.

Won't happen often but I agree. Stock for stock or mod to mod, the SRT-4 is probably the best affordable FWD 4-cylinder out on the market right now.

ibepressin

Established Member
NeverEndn said:
I have an 04 L with full exhaust, and i raced a 06 Cobalt SSC and destroyed it by about 4 and half trucks and pulling. It was manual , and it didnt have LSD , so maybe if he would have had LSD he might have done better , quick little cars tho.

LoL you would need to be on acid to try your luck with a L in your cobalt. :poke:

Last edited:

NeverEndn

Established Member
ibepressin said:
LoL you would need to be on acid to try your luck with a L in your cobalt. :poke:

Since you referred to my quote i think your the one on ACID, i am the one with the Lightning, not the Cobalt. I think you need to check what you wrote. A stock Cobalt SSC is not match for even a stock Lightning

ibepressin

Established Member
NeverEndn said:
Since you referred to my quote i think your the one on ACID, i am the one with the Lightning, not the Cobalt. I think you need to check what you wrote. A stock Cobalt SSC is not match for even a stock Lightning
Since my statement was beyond your comprehension i'll explain for you. You stated he coulda done better if he had lsd. "lsd = acid" hence my response. Just a little play on words. No need to be testy. Maybe I shoulda said this "you would need to be on acid to try your luck with a L in A cobalt." Sorry for the confusion.

JAYMONEY

Established Member
Insomnia said:
Ya, same deal with the new style monte carlos (99-05?) I think just the 04 and 05s have a supercharger on them (they say Supercharged SS instead of Monte Carlo SS on the bottom side of the car, the S/C is pretty much the grand prix gtp with a different name) and the other ones are just a regular monte carlo ss (I would say they are pretty much the same as a grand prix gt too.) Same with the Cobalt the regular n/a cobalt ss has 170?hp and a 2.4l engine while the s/c cobalt has 205hp on a 2.2l engine, the s/c is good for i think high14s...my friend said he saw one run a 15.2 at norwalk maybe just really bad driver? and I stomp the n/a ss cobalt on a daily basis, same with the n/a monte carlo ss :p

Oh and the S/C Cobalt is pretty much the same thing as the Saturn ION Redline, but I do not know if they offer a non-s/c redline (are those just the regular ION I take it?)

I raced a n/a Cobalt SS in my stock SVTF and crushed it. By 3rd gear, I had three cars on him, then I let off the throttle. I don't know how much faster the SSC is compared to my car, but the n/a SS is a turd. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread