2001 built H/C som WS6 nasty burnout video

FastNick01

Established Member
I've always had a soft spot for a WS6. I'd love to have one some day, I just really hate the interiors on F Body's lol. Car looks and sounds damn good man! Can't beat SOM.
Thank you so much. Yes it is truly a rare color. Just don't see them anywhere. Thankful I was able to pick this one up!

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
The tires had plenty of tread left, they were just old and cracking. Had a fresh pair waiting in the shop lol! N thank you, a lot time and money into that car that's for sure!
These cars are money pits, but I don’t care. My wife says I’m very cheap and wont spend any money. She never gets to see the receipts for car parts, so let her keep thinking that ha

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Running a Thunder racing T-Rex cam, specs are 244/250 615 lift @ 110LSA. Heads are patriot stage 3 56cc I beleive.

I was not impressed with that cam, had it in my 99. Great top end with that cam, but a bit soggy downstairs even with 4.10 gears and hard on valve springs, broke a few(fortunately they were dual springs). I am guessing you had to fly cut valve reliefs into the pistons with heads milled down to 56cc, bet it runs pretty good with added compression. I am running some milled 243s with a smaller futral custom grind these days, did not want cut valve reliefs to keep a cam that big with milled 243s (had 853 heads with the TRex) Well anyways your car looks and sounds killer!

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Beautiful car. A WS6 is still sexy today. I had a 02 TA but not a WS6, a Z28 but not a SS, 2 GT's but never a GT500. I'm a loser.

FastNick01

Established Member
I was not impressed with that cam, had it in my 99. Great top end with that cam, but a bit soggy downstairs even with 4.10 gears and hard on valve springs, broke a few(fortunately they were dual springs). I am guessing you had to fly cut valve reliefs into the pistons with heads milled down to 56cc, bet it runs pretty good with added compression. I am running some milled 243s with a smaller futral custom grind these days, did not want cut valve reliefs to keep a cam that big with milled 243s (had 853 heads with the TRex) Well anyways your car looks and sounds killer!

I am running 4.33 gears, I did not fly cut the pistons. Compression I believe was mid 11's , but my good friend picked out the cc and the head gaskets. Runs flawlessly though. Car is mainly driven for track use plus I spray it lol! I would never recommend this cam as a daily or without big gears etc..Gotta be the right combo! Otherwise would be very sluggish under 3500rpm

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I am running 4.33 gears, I did not fly cut the pistons. Compression I believe was mid 11's , but my good friend picked out the cc and the head gaskets. Runs flawlessly though. Car is mainly driven for track use plus I spray it lol! I would never recommend this cam as a daily or without big gears etc..Gotta be the right combo! Otherwise would be very sluggish under 3500rpm

Definitely not a DD and gears are a must. The kid I bought the car from put this donkey dick cam in the car, was still running 3.42s! :D I pulled the 853s and that cam soon after picking the car up. My futral cam is very close in lift, but intk/exh duration in the 230s

Recon

Established Member
Nice. WS6 Formula for me with T tops if they did a WS6 Formula in T tops.

Pick your poison.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Straight trailer park panty dropper right there. Love the car.

He'll know it when one of those tires pop and wipe out a rear quarter. I'm sure there are some here that witnessed a black terminator, years back in Carlisle in burn out contest do the above mentioned.

Added vid but it ends before tire blows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One of the best, and longest, burnouts I can remember. LOL. Sounds wicked! Looks wicked! Gorgeous WS6. How long have you owned it?

FastNick01

Established Member
He'll know it when one of those tires pop and wipe out a rear quarter. I'm sure there are some here that witnessed a black terminator, years back in Carlisle in burn out contest do the above mentioned.

Was not overly concerned about a tire popping. Plenty of tread left, they were just older. I had new tires awaiting install after this was done.

One of the best, and longest, burnouts I can remember. LOL. Sounds wicked! Looks wicked! Gorgeous WS6. How long have you owned it?

Thank you sir! I have had this car since 2006. I bought it bone stock down to the paper filter. Thankfully was able to hold onto it all these years.

Users who are viewing this thread