2001 Cobra

apt1848

Established Member
Hey everyone! I joined a few weeks ago when I was doing research for my next purchase... Well I bought here. 2001 True Blue Cobra. 67k miles. Mostly stock but does have bassani x pipe, flowmaster and CAI... I've had several fox body stangs, f body ls1, lt1 cars and am currently working on a 80 malibu 2 door... Hope I can provide any insight and I'll likely need a bunch of help on this platform I just purchased

Couple of quick questions right out of the gate:

Is the SCT the best programmer?

I hear a bunch of people screaming "gotta have a straight axel" I'd like to keep the IRS... What are the best parts for reinforcing the rearend and eliminating wheel hop

Subframe connectors, are they all about the same?

Any other tips would be appreciated...

PS this car will be NA only.

cobra.jpg

cobrarear.jpg

Elwood P Dowd

Established Member
Cant answer all of your questions yet as I'm new to owning a Cobra too. But I can answer your question about the IRS, everyone I have talked to has recommended these guys: Full Tilt Boogie Racing as the best out there when it comes to getting wheel hop straightened out.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Go down to the new edge cobra section and you will fine most of your answers

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
No experience with SCT, but that seems to be what everyone uses.

+1 on Full Tilt Boogie bushings. PM Bruce to figure out how to get some. He goes by ac427Cobra on here and is a mod.

The only thing that comes to mind are MMFLSFC, or Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors. I honestly cannot think of any other ones though I know there are more out there.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Throw some 4.30 gears in that thing and it will scream! All you will ever need. I had a bone stock 04 Cobra and ran an 01 with tune, gears and exhaust. I could not walk away until the top of 3rd gear. SCT definitely most popular and a lot of tuners use them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on buying that great looking True Blue '01 Cobra. As far as eliminating wheel hop, this info will help. Tips On Eliminating Wheelhop

Then browse down to Section 3.21 and click on the Red Pill (Level 5 IRS) for tips up beefing up your IRS setup. The info is specific to the 2003-2004 Cobra but much of it applies as well to the 2001 Cobra.

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
Welcome and cograts. As others have mentioned do some searches on this site. All of you answers are already on here. If you don't find something then post up a new thread. Someone is always willing to help.

Users who are viewing this thread