2001 Lightning vs 2010 Camaro SS - Who will win?

Blue Blitz

Established Member
That's not true L's smoke LTSLOWS an LS1 from a dig will get raped by a lightning that hooks

Depends on how far they're running. Wont smoke a LS1 car in a drag race (full 1/4 mile). 1/8th I have no problem believing but the LS1 car will drive by it on the back half.

I have never owned a car that stayed stock an hour after I left the dealer with it.

It already had a K&N and CAI. Not looking to mod out a truck really. Just a fun daily. If I want to go fast we have plenty of other cars to choose from :)

:banana:William

S8ER01Z

Established Member
My point with THIS particular vid is the SS win was pretty unimpressive IMO considering the L let off in every race but hung with it pretty well while in it. My point regarding the 99L is that it's down 20 HP to the 01+ L AND has worse gears. (3.55's vs 3.73's) so I'm not impressed AT ALL with S8ER01Z "barely" getting beat by a 99. Hell- he's over HALF A TON lighter and still managed to get beat the "unimpressive" L- gimme a break.

The problem is you obviously have something against me... my LT1 was slow and unimpressive... it's simply a solid comparison. Sure the Lightning was half a ton lighter, it also had 100+ more horsepower and 120+ more trq. They were still pretty competitive back in the day and the 01s were even quicker. I was not the one that made a remark about the LT1 stomping all over Lightnings so please back off for a moment figure out who your target really is.

I don't get what the deal is...it's obvious that the guy was in the wrong gear given the MPH they started at. The SS can remain unimpressive to you, who cares... I'm simply presenting facts based on real information that illustrates how the results are skewed.

FWIW I love lightnings and almost bought one several years ago... just because I own a Camaro doesn't automatically make me a nutswinger who can't acknowledge other vehicles.

Last edited:

joeason1010

Banned
You SS guys talk up that quarter time so much man but to be honest I have never seen a STOCK LS1 go anywhere near the low 13's on stock tires. In all reality they run just about door to door with a stock Lightning

S8ER01Z

Established Member
You SS guys talk up that quarter time so much man but to be honest I have never seen a STOCK LS1 go anywhere near the low 13's on stock tires. In all reality they run just about door to door with a stock Lightning

Hmm..mine bone stock went 13.19 @ 108.59mph on a 2.1 60ft with me driving.. nothing done to it, full tank of gas. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMgeJkCKOTQ"]YouTube - 2001 Camaro Z28 - M6 - Bone Stock[/ame]

The fiancee went 13.17 @ 105.88 on a 1.99 60ft on a different day still 100% untouched - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDROwJM_Q24"]YouTube - Laura - 13.17 @ 105.88 - 2001 Z28 M6 Stock -[/ame]... and nether of us are 'great' drivers.

Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords ran multiple stock F-bodies to low 13s and high 12s... that subject has been beaten to death.

Here are several stock 12s referenced (not that you will belive anything posted because you live in your own little world)....
Fastest Bone Stock A4 and M6 - LS1TECH

Bring me a stock lightning and we can get it all on video.

Last edited:

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Yea I can probably find a stock LS1 SS to run against in the L also. Many MANY stock LS1 cars have seen LOW 13s. Definitely more than a few have been in the 12s.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Yea I can probably find a stock LS1 SS to run against in the L also. Many MANY stock LS1 cars have seen LOW 13s. Definitely more than a few have been in the 12s.

Exactly...

Don't get me wrong...as I told Mach1USMC... I am aware Lightnings run mid 13s on regular occasion..I am also aware of the 13.3 @ 102mph pass out there... I'm not saying Lightnings are slow pathetic vehicles... from a dig I would expect an 01+ L to stay with me until about the 1/8th.. but it's not going to be neck and neck the whole way down the track. From a roll I'm just going to walk away... not being a dick just speaking the truth based on facts.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Didnt we already showed you facts before :nonono: Lightnings will not beat an SS, I used to beat Lightnings when my car was stock (Close run though). The LS1's were a tad bit faster than me (well some :D). What do you really have against Chevy? You even seem blinded by the facts in front of you.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
If a SS camaro ran high 12's than they would be door to door with a 03 04 Cobra and I know that isn't happening.

Except an 03-04 Cobra shouldn't be running high 12s in the same conditions with an equal driver. ;-)

Best to best it would look like this...
12.4 @ 113
12.8 @ 108

I believe those are both Evan Smith achieved times in retarded Atco conditions.

Last edited:

joeason1010

Banned
Except an 03-04 Cobra shouldn't be running high 12s in the same conditions with an equal driver. ;-)

12.4 @ 113
12.8 @ 108

I believe those are both Evan Smith achieved times in retarded Atco conditions.

As far as the track ya I guess that would be the only factor but as far as straight performance I believe that they run a mid to high 13's like the Lightning. It would be very hard for me to believe that a STOCK SS is running high 12's maybe with slicks and some bolt on's I could see high 12's but not stock there is know way it's happening sorry guys you read a bunch of MAGAZINE FAB.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
As far as the track ya I guess that would be the only factor but as far as straight performance I believe that they run a mid to high 13's like the Lightning. It would be very hard for me to believe that a STOCK SS is running high 12's maybe with slicks and some bolt on's I could see high 12's but not stock there is know way it's happening sorry guys you read a bunch of MAGAZINE FAB.

?? the guy who ran 12s with a stock ss did so at Cordova Dragway (the track I race at)... it's not GPS based magazine times. :bash:

Forget it... you are truly hopeless... if should say fanboy under your username just so people know it's not worth the effort. :kaboom:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
You just dont get it do you :nonono::nonono::bash:

joeason1010

Banned
I am just saying maybe it's the track where I live now. The fastest I have seen from a SS at Atlanta Drag is like a low 13 or so but I am not sure what was done to it. None the less I still feel that a car that weighs what? maybe 3500 lbs that only puts out 330 or so not sure will only throw down a mid 13 sec run. Like I said I don't know what they make stock or how much the weigh so. You figure a Cobra from those years weighs 3800lbs give or take. They say they make 390 HP and 390 to 400 ftlbs THEY SAY anyways. I can see that running a very high 12 sec pass which it does. If your SS weighs anywhere near that cobra and doesn't make high 300HP how can it run a high 12 sec pass.

joeason1010

Banned
All in all I am not trying to argue. I mean if you guys got SS and they were stock when you made those passes then you did it the clock doesn't lie at the end of the track. It's straight

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I am just saying maybe it's the track where I live now. The fastest I have seen from a SS at Atlanta Drag is like a low 13 or so but I am not sure what was done to it. None the less I still feel that a car that weighs what? maybe 3500 lbs that only puts out 330 or so not sure will only throw down a mid 13 sec run. Like I said I don't know what they make stock or how much the weigh so. You figure a Cobra from those years weighs 3800lbs give or take. They say they make 390 HP and 390 to 400 ftlbs THEY SAY anyways. I can see that running a very high 12 sec pass which it does. If your SS weighs anywhere near that cobra and doesn't make high 300HP how can it run a high 12 sec pass.
Car's weight below 3500 lbs and dyno'd around 300 RWP (more or less), you make the math. Just like the Termi's, they are underrated.

Deuuuce

Established Member

12.4 @ 113
12.8 @ 111

Fixed it. A well driven SS in ideal conditions will trap 111mph. I believe a couple magazines already have hit 110mph.

Users who are viewing this thread