2001 or 2005?

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Should I get a built and blown motor or get the 2005? I personally like the looks of mine better but I am biased..:D Throw some better rims on the '05 lower it a tad might not look bad. I am sure it rides and handles a hell of a lot better than the current models. I wonder what Saleen has in mind for it?

Last edited:

MINI_ME

Established Member
i think you should do more to your car, especially lower it more and get some koni's since bilstein does'nt make shocks for stangs lowered more then 1-3/4" and then get a blower/turbo of some sort:burnout:

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by MINI_ME
i think you should do more to your car, especially lower it more and get some koni's since bilstein does'nt make shocks for stangs lowered more then 1-3/4" and then get a blower/turbo of some sort:burnout:

Never heard that about Bilsteins, my buddy has his car slammed at least 1 3/4 w/bilsteins. I'm not going any lower myself I have had the chin spoiler trashed twice already.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Is that a painted mach1 chin on your car? if so that looks really good. other then on black, the unpainted doesn't look very good IMO. If you want to turn heads, get the 05' but don't expect to go very fast doing it. If you want a badass car, keep yours and blow it.

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
Is that a painted mach1 chin on your car? if so that looks really good. other then on black, the unpainted doesn't look very good IMO. If you want to turn heads, get the 05' but don't expect to go very fast doing it. If you want a badass car, keep yours and blow it.

Actually it's a Saleen chin spoiler. I'm sure you can blow an '05 in about a year after it's release.

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
What type of saleen chin spoiler? I dont think I've ever seen that before. Looks clean. Did you not see the post on how ford is planting a computer that senses any mods you make to the engine and will I believe keep the engine from starting. Somebody is going to have to make a chip to bypass that first. And I'm sure ford is going to be a lot more strict with warranty claims.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by 98gtstang
Keep the 01 and do more mods to it. I also think ure car looks better. I dont like the 05 at all.
ditto plus 1st year run vehicles are somtimes a little on the "bring it back to the dealer due to lack of testing problems" i would wait and see if there is a tick vibe or etc.

just my 2 cents, plus been with ford for 17 yrs and have seen it a time or 2

MINI_ME

Established Member
Originally posted by TrueBlue'01GT
Never heard that about Bilsteins, my buddy has his car slammed at least 1 3/4 w/bilsteins. I'm not going any lower myself I have had the chin spoiler trashed twice already.
I called bilstein direct and they said there shocks will bottom out if it's lower then a 1-3/4", the koni sports have a shorter piston to compesate. as for the chin spoilers, its not that low, you just need to slow down a little befor goin into parking lots :D either way good luck on whatever you plan on getting:thumbsup:

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
i dont like the way the new gt looks at all, the one they released at the detroit auto show looks like shit.bad stuff

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
What type of saleen chin spoiler? I dont think I've ever seen that before. Looks clean. Did you not see the post on how ford is planting a computer that senses any mods you make to the engine and will I believe keep the engine from starting. Somebody is going to have to make a chip to bypass that first. And I'm sure ford is going to be a lot more strict with warranty claims.

If you go to the Saleen site you will see it, they only make one. I was suprised to see it myself.

I hope you are wrong about the mod thing, that would suck! Modding is what Mustangs are all about!

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by MINI_ME
I called bilstein direct and they said there shocks will bottom out if it's lower then a 1-3/4", the koni sports have a shorter piston to compesate. as for the chin spoilers, its not that low, you just need to slow down a little befor goin into parking lots :D either way good luck on whatever you plan on getting:thumbsup:

Took another look at my friends car and it's slammed maybe 2" but he has Bilsteins with coil overs, if that makes any difference. I know my car isn't that low but my Fiance' (who hasn't driven it since) has hit those concrete barriers in parking lots twice! Plus the ride quality, which isn't that great already just gets worse if I go lower.

Users who are viewing this thread