2001 Saleen Cobra Convertible 1 of 1

94venomV8

Established Member
Hey guys, I am listing this car for my Dad as he doesnt use the forums often. He is wanting to sell his 2001 Saleen Cobra that he never drives and is always garage kept. The car was originally from New Mexico and my Dad s the second owner and has had it for a little over 3 years now. He has too many things going on and is trying to finish a project 1971 Challenger R/T. The car drives absolutely perfect and handles extremely well with the Saleen factory upgrades. This car has all the documentation to prove it is the only white convertible saleen cobra produced however if you need to verify this further and are really interested you can contact my Dad with his info below and he can give you the VIN and anything you may want to know that isnt listed below. Now for some details about the car.

Exterior:
Again this car is the only White Saleen Cobra convertible made. It also has a White top that is in perfect shape, it isnt stained ripped or faded in anyway and has no leaks. The striping is blue on the sides. The car has the factory Saleen exterior pieces, White Saleen wheels, Heat Extractor Saleen hood, S281 Saleen wing, Saleen functional side vents and the back bumper says is a Saleen however the cobra badges on the side are retained from the factory and also a Cobra grill emblem.

Interior:
This car came with optional white door trim pieces from Saleen that match the car and has the factory Cobra interior in dark charcoal with gray suede inserts. Also has the Saleen build badge on the shifter bezel with the cars number. The car also came from Saleen with their light bar which looks awesome when the top is down. Saleen also added their pedals. The car has the Factory Mach sound system and factory 6 disk in dash player.

Motor:
Car has the factory 2001 Cobra DOHC motor and is completely stock save and looks immaculate, there isnt a spec of dirt on this motor.

Transmission:
Factory 5 speed trans. with a Saleen factory short throw shifter.

Exhaust:
Has Borla mufflers and tips that were added from Saleen and not aftermarket. The car sounds great! I am used to my 98 that is raw and
loud and this car has a deep refined tone that is perfect, I really like the sound of the borlas on this car.

Suspension:
Car has factory Saleen/Racecraft added front and rear lowering springs, front sway bar, has urethane bushings throughout. Again this car handles extremely well and still rides great.

This car has approx. 44000 miles on it and has no mechanical issues of any kind. If you need more info about this car please contact my Dad at email
[email protected] or as always you can call him as I know he likes to talk on the phone rather then email back and forth. His phone is 563-529-523four. Thanks and any questions you have if posted on here I will get back ASAP.

Asking price for this car is set at $22000OBO. He is willing to take offers however please be respectful and dont lowball as this car is obviously ultra rare and you dont see these for sale too often. Thanks and have a nice day.

sorry gotta read it sideways.
getattachment1aspx.png

getattachmentaspxdy.jpg

getattachment2aspxep.jpg

getattachment3aspxz.jpg

getattachment5aspxm.jpg

getattachment6aspx.png

getattachment4aspx.jpg

Last edited:

94venomV8

Established Member
I could of swore I put a pic of the engine bay, apparently it didn't register, I will add that tonight. Thanks

carterrt

Established Member
thanks muskie- we raced it at an SCCA novice event last year(Mt. Joy) car was great-----driver was 'OK'. saleen is located by IPSCO if you want to check out-15 min. away

94venomV8

Established Member
That's my Dad's post above. And he's being modest about the driving, I had the best time on the course with the car.

94venomV8

Established Member
If you need more pics lease send me you email and I will give you everything in have.

Joeazhp

Established Member
glws!! I'm from mt. pleasant ia :) parents have a car dealership in new london if your dad doesn't get a buyer and needs help let me know

94venomV8

Established Member
Yep it will have one, ordering from saleen, the windshield had a small chip in it so it was replaced with a ford oem windshield and the banner will be put back on shortly.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I really want this car but can't swing it with the wife until I sell one of my cars. For anyone that is concern that this car is a genuine Saleen Cobra all info does match with the Saleen registry. Glws!

Users who are viewing this thread