2001 Sunset Orange Trans Am WS6 build complete updated Video

FastNick01

Established Member
Newest Video current setup with full suspension and 9' Bogart Wheels etc..

[youtube_browser]ZkRjp_9OVzE[/youtube_browser]

Older video. Dyno

[youtube_browser]qx966_1obLk[/youtube_browser]

After a few years I was finally able to get the car put together and tuned. Also got a new camera and decided to throw up a vid for everyone. I bought the car bone stock down to the paper filter and it has progressed every year. I have about 50 passes on the car since I bought it.

Ran low 13's @ 108 with just an SLP lid and chopped off muffler ( yeah I was young)
Ran 12.7's-12.8's @ 109-110 with the addition of headers and true duals dumped before the axle.
Ran 11.8's-11.9's @ 122-123 with 1.9+ 60ft with the addition of prostar/skinny fronts, spare/jack delete and 150 wet shot still on the 10-bolt

I have not ran the current setup with the addition of H/C/I and full suspension wheels tires etc... I'm hoping for mid 10's on motor. PS the car weighs around 3000 lbs now give or take
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CURRENT SETUP:

MOTOR: Thunder Racing T-Rex cam 244/250 610/615 lift on 110 LSA, heads are the stage 3 Patriots I do not recall the specs at the moment but I did not flycut the pistons. Combo works great. Fast Intake 92mm + Nick Williams Throttle Body. Fast toys 104mm lid, with Chris 1313 ram air setup, SLP underdrive, Meizier electric waterpump, no A/C, no power steering.

FUEL: 60lb injectors, ractronix kit with (2) 255 walbro pumps

EXHAUST: Kooks 1 7/8 headers, kooks catted Y, 3' cutout, hooker aerochamber.

SUSPENSION: Full Midwest Chassis Chromoly race suspension. Strange Breaks, Fabricated 9' with backbraces - 1.5' each side, Aluminum strange center section, moser 35 spline race axles, wavetrack system, richmond 4.33 gears, drag sway bar.

TRANSMISSION: Stock T56 ( I know I'm on borrowed time) quicktime bellhousing, Monster level 4+ clutch, billet aluminum flywheel

WHEELS: Bogart Welded R/T 15x3.5 front, 15x10 rears with Hoosier 28x11.5 QTP tires

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Setup made about 450rwhp on a speed density tune through a T56 and Fab 9' on motor on a dynojet
Right around 600 on the shot if I remember correctly.

Any questions about the setup please feel free to ask.
Camera used is the Sony handycam AX33 4K

Thanks for watching

Last edited:

19935.slow

Established Member
Holy mother of duration, good call on the gear lol. Any reason you went with such a big grind with mid 10's in mind on motor?

Last edited:

FastNick01

Established Member
MTBsully Why wont it stay running without throttle?

The change in weather and the speed density tune, that was the first startup in a few weeks as well so I'm guessing that also had something to do with it.

N thanks everyone for the kind words.

Last edited:

FastNick01

Established Member
19935.slow Holy mother of duration, good call on the gear lol. Any reason you went with such a big grind with mid 10's in mind on motor?

I went with the T-rex because I wanted a max effort setup but ended up throwing heads on and also knew it was a great nitrous cam as well.

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
I've always greatly preferred the sound of a LS motor to a DOHC Ford motor. Just sounds so deep and badass, and your car is no exception. The WS6 cars are so cool

FastNick01

Established Member
I 1000000000% percent agree with this, God I love a dub 6. It has that unexplainable raw look to it. The SS in those years was just too soft looking for me.

Can't agree more. I have owned an 86 Trans Am, 95 Firehawk, 97 Anniversary Camaro Z28, and an 01 SS Camaro. None compare with the overall aggressiveness and styling.

The only thing that came close was my 1973 Trans Am lol!

Users who are viewing this thread