2002 Lightning - True Blue in Ohio

02_Lightning

Established Member
Thanks - pending sale for full asking price... new home will probably be in Louisiana.

I think it is a very fair deal - good for both sides. When a truck averages 1900 miles per year, that is very good in my mind. It shows very well with no blemishes inside/outside/mechanically.

SvtRacing

Established Member
dude you have fallen and bumped your head for that high ass price. Why would someone buy a stock ass lightning for 20k when team JDM just sold there 10.22 @136 mph race truck for $15900. built motor , 3.4 whipple and all the goodies. I know your truck has low miles but damn it aint worth that. IMO you will have to find a fool to pay that much for it.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
dude you have fallen and bumped your head for that high ass price. Why would someone buy a stock ass lightning for 20k when team JDM just sold there 10.22 @136 mph race truck for $15900. built motor , 3.4 whipple and all the goodies. I know your truck has low miles but damn it aint worth that. IMO you will have to find a fool to pay that much for it.

:nonono: Why would you bash a guy for trying to sell his truck? He wants what he wants for it. Make an offer or stay out of it.

OP GLWS. :beer:

Ubergeist

Established Member
Very nice truck. Was interested, that was untill I found out how little my bank would allot for the note. Perhaps that is the problem,...It took me 6 months to sell my 01 CLK55 with very low mileage. I ended up letting it go for a steal. It was the lowest mileage CLK55 coupe for sale in the country. These times are rough.

Hang in there.

Dusten

Established Member
Very nice truck. Was interested, that was untill I found out how little my bank would allot for the note. Perhaps that is the problem,...It took me 6 months to sell my 01 CLK55 with very low mileage. I ended up letting it go for a steal. It was the lowest mileage CLK55 coupe for sale in the country. These times are rough.

Hang in there.
My bank will loan 100% of nada, which is 20,200 on this truck now, so its possible. I just think that his truck and price apply to a very small market(someone looking to collect a pristine example) as opposed to someone looking for a nice driver with a few mods(there is a nice, pullied, lowered 2002 local to me with 60000 for about $14000)

This will sell by May 15th.
pretty confident, eh?

600RRgoal

Established Member
It's a nice looking truck, and good luck with the sale. Only reason I wouldn't buy it is because if I'm going to pay $20,000 for a "rare" Lightning, I'd want it to be 100% original - no modifications, no questions. I actually bought a white L over a true blue L just because of the color!

02_Lightning

Established Member
It is easy enough to go right back to stock... maybe that is what I should do. Takes a few hours on a Saturday and it will be right back to stock.

Does the crank pulley really scare people off? It has documentation that the tune for it is ok. That is really the only major modification. The computer was not reflashed either - has a plug-in chip, so it could be pulled right out too.

This truck was not modified in any way that involved cutting / drilling / welding. It was all 100% bolt on, plug in pieces. All the stock parts are there... maybe just time to put them back on.

As for May 15th, I am confident that it will be gone by then. I have multiple deals working - some with creative financing, and some with pending bank information. However, it is still for sale until the money is in my bank account.

I probably should not have tried to sell this truck here... won't get the same value as it would elsewhere.

Dusten

Established Member
It is easy enough to go right back to stock... maybe that is what I should do. Takes a few hours on a Saturday and it will be right back to stock.

Does the crank pulley really scare people off? It has documentation that the tune for it is ok. That is really the only major modification. The computer was not reflashed either - has a plug-in chip, so it could be pulled right out too.

This truck was not modified in any way that involved cutting / drilling / welding. It was all 100% bolt on, plug in pieces. All the stock parts are there... maybe just time to put them back on.

As for May 15th, I am confident that it will be gone by then. I have multiple deals working - some with creative financing, and some with pending bank information. However, it is still for sale until the money is in my bank account.

I probably should not have tried to sell this truck here... won't get the same value as it would elsewhere.
Im not saying your truck is not worth the coin, im just saying that its a limited market segment looking for a very low mile, mostly stock truck. And If i were you, i would have put it back to stock and sold the mods elsewhere.

02_Lightning

Established Member
Im not saying your truck is not worth the coin, im just saying that its a limited market segment looking for a very low mile, mostly stock truck. And If i were you, i would have put it back to stock and sold the mods elsewhere.

Actually, I did sell off some of the performance parts already... that is what makes the sale price of the truck worth it to me. I sold off the parts to make up the difference of what the truck is really worth. In the end, I will net out what it should have sold for in a booming economy.
I left the pulley on as that was one of the more labor intensive pieces. If these buyers fall through, then it will be back to 100% stock. I am tired of messing around with selling this thing. Too bad none of these performance parts fit on adapt to my new CTS-V!!!

MN SVT GUY

Mn SVT Guy
Established Member
might have to lower the $$ a bit.

I just got my true blue 02 for a little over 1/2 of your price. Mine does have 79k, and less mods.

Not busting your chops, just trying to help a brother sell his truck...

Users who are viewing this thread