2002 Turbo L

RedFire2003

Established Member
I wanted to get some input if I could I just talked to someone about My L and Im going to be putting a Turbo kit on it in about a week. I was wondering how much hp you think the stock motor can handle. I had a differnt 2002 L and ran 14psi plus multiple other bolt-ons with a 125hp shot of gas and it held up for quite awhile does anyone think or have experience running 500-550rwhp on a stock L motor? I have been talking to Jdm about buying there longblock but dont have that $ yet. Would it be a better idea just to get some beter connecting rods and go from there becasue that is what went out on my Last 02L? Any comments Ideas??? Im all ears :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

RedFire2003

Established Member
It was originally Fordsvt9802 or maybe it was Redfire03 I tryed to get a new password/name sent to my email and it never sent

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
9899010203SVT said:
It was originally Fordsvt9802 or maybe it was Redfire03 I tryed to get a new password/name sent to my email and it never sent

If you don't remember what your username was, how do you know it got deleted? :read:

RedFire2003

Established Member
lol good point I just found it redfire2003
Can we get back to the point of the topic though please I really need some info :D Btw I edited the first post k it no longer says I was deleted happy now but I still havent received an email with my old password yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
9899010203SVT said:
lol good point I just found it redfire2003
Can we get back to the point of the topic though please I really need some info :D Btw I edited the first post k it no longer says I was deleted happy now but I still havent received an email with my old password yet.

500 -550 RWHP on a stock block will go BOOM! The stock rods won't hold up to that much HP.

are you taking the supercharger out and putting a turbo in there? that would be pretty unique/sick but you're not going to get that supercharger boost from down low

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
14lbs is the max that this truck can handle. I'm not sure why we go through this topic over and over again. 14lbs...safe tune and you will have a reliable truck. Some say more...some have blown with less. If ya wanna take a chance then go ahead.....but most will say 12-14lbs with a good tune. It's hard to tune a turbo so be cautious...

IMXCITD

Established Member
I really am not sure it's worth doing this set-up unless you go all the way and do the motor as well. If you can't run the boost and make the power...then I don't think it's worth doing.

ralphy1798

Established Member
Get the built block and run 18 psi :beer:

Is it twin turbos? Or Single?

I think you should go with a KB or similar setup since people have done these before if you are onnly looking for 500-550rwhp. But you will need stronger rods.

RedFire2003

Established Member
Im still debating talked to a Guy here that will build the lower end and port the heads along with some cams for a good price. But Im thinking of saying f*** it and just whip out the dough and getting the Long block form JDM. Then crank the t76 thats going on it up to 20psi!!!

Silver '01 L

C'MON, ...BRUH!
Established Member
600HP with a Supercharger is a big difference (stress wise) compared to 600HP with a turbo kit. Not all horsepower is created equally.

Users who are viewing this thread