2002 Z28 VS 2011 supercharged 5.0

odarabla

Established Member
Me racing a 2011 5.0 Mustang with full bolt-ons, suspension, Stall, and a supercharger. I am not sure of what charger he has but I am sure I can find out.. I was told he is making upwards of 650rwhp through his stalled auto and his best times posted are a 10.36@132mph. My car is a 2002 Z28 with a H/C/I LS2 A3 tranny, full suspension, full weight (raceweight is 3540lbs), naturally aspirated Camaro..

Odarabla VS Supercharged 2011-2012 5.0 - YouTube

[youtube_browser]4vQ7GxQNXbc[/youtube_browser]

Here is a video of me losing by 1 car to a bad ass whippled, cammed GT500.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW5t...DvjVQa1PpcFNdNYHQG7MYa-pz7enyzJT5Vj3zudR5EkE=

[youtube_browser]gW5tP8y-VWQ[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
That's a fast Camaro!! What kind of 60 ft are you putting down? That launch is pretty damn fast!! Good races and legal races FTW!

odarabla

Established Member
Here is a video from the other night of my car leaving from the light.. I believe I cut a 1.44 60ft on this pass. I was having trouble 60 footing on this night but later realized that my seat was to far back and I wasn't putting the peddle all the way to the floor.. My car is the third one you will see going down the track. Red Camaro with black strips and a set of brand new Hoosiers DOT slicks..

No Problem Raceway Pro TnT & Mid Night Madness 3/31/12 - YouTube

Last edited:

odarabla

Established Member
Nice runs,What are you trapping?How much power are you putting down? You really get out.

Not sure about how much power I am making but I trap between 127-130mph on the motor depending on the air. I am sure I can go faster than 130mph because this is still a new motor. I need some low DA to come back around so I can go make a few more passes now that the motor is broken in and I got my after market anti sway installed..

BlueSnake01

Established Member
You ever consider putting a bottle on it? It's really impressive considering you are running on full weight and being N/A. That cam must sound nasty (good kind of nasty) in idle.

odarabla

Established Member
You ever consider putting a bottle on it? It's really impressive considering you are running on full weight and being N/A. That cam must sound nasty (good kind of nasty) in idle.

Been thinking about putting a 200 shot on it but I have to change out the rear gear from a 4.11 to a 3.73. I can't really fit bigger tires..

blkvenm97

Established Member
very fast camaro....impressive...the gt500 you lost by a car to also beat an h/c/i c6 vette? so basically your car is roundabout the same as the vette? that's very impressive...awesome kills/deaths

odarabla

Established Member
very fast camaro....impressive...the gt500 you lost by a car to also beat an h/c/i c6 vette? so basically your car is roundabout the same as the vette? that's very impressive...awesome kills/deaths

Thanks man..
The GT500 beat my car by one car and the H/C/I C6Z06 by 3-4 cars.. But I think the C6Z06 runs a little more mph than me..

Last edited:

lxboy

Established Member
Thanks for the vid, looked like a fun night. The 5.0 looked like it was coming back on the big end, would have been better if he wasn't sleeping at the light. Cant blame him i might have locked up hearing your car leave that thing booms! Also how many cars would it have been if you didn't red light the gt500. Not trying to stir shit up but it was a no time event so i would like to get a better idea.

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
Thanks for the vid, looked like a fun night. The 5.0 looked like it was coming back on the big end

According to the trap speed it looks like it is the faster car so it should have been. He needed a better reaction and traction, couldn't tell if he was on big's and littles or street wheels.

The new 5.0's just continue to impress me.

odarabla

Established Member
Thanks for the vid, looked like a fun night. The 5.0 looked like it was coming back on the big end, would have been better if he wasn't sleeping at the light. Cant blame him i might have locked up hearing your car leave that thing booms! Also how many cars would it have been if you didn't red light the gt500. Not trying to stir shit up but it was a no time event so i would like to get a better idea.

The 5.0 Wasn't pulling back any. He said he was having tranny issues. Both our cars were down a few tenths that night. He ran a 10.75 to my 10.57. But your right, in good air it would have been a drivers race. As you can see in the video the 2 cars leave pretty even. My reaction time was -.022 and his was .023. I had a street race against that GT500 and he got me by 2. I was spining pretty bad on the street though.. The GT500 and I run within a few tenths of each other. I was pulling away from him all the way past the 1/8 mile and thats when things started turning around for me.. lol That car has a ton of top end speed. He caught me by the 1000ft mark and passed me by a car by the 1/4.. Good race and a good dude..

If the race would have been 1/2 mile I'm sure he would have had a bunch of bus lengths on me..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread