2003/2004 Cobra, was Chrome an option for the rims?

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Quick question,
I would like to know if Chrome was an option for the stock Cobra wheels. I have seen many with Chrome ones and many with more a polished aluminum look.
Someone please explain to me on the difference of these wheels stock.
And how much do a set of Chrome stock wheels run/ Which one do you prefer?

Thanks,
Joe

paxton5.0

Established Member
Chrome rims were an option on the 04 model. The 03s came with the regular satin finish rims.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Mine came stocks with machined finished rims, which is what I think you mean by polished. I am almost 100% certain that they had a chrome option. I know you can/could by chrome aftermarket replicas.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
There were two factory choices in rims for the 03/04' Cobra: 1) satin clear coated (standard) and 2) chrome (optional). The "polished" rims were on the 99/01' Cobras and not available on the Terminators.

I've always been under the impression that the 04' Cobras came standard with chrome rims. Any of you 04' fellas have satin rims from the factory????

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
When I got my 04, the chrome wheels were an option.

I checked my window sticker and the 17" 5 spoke chrome wheel option = $995 (cdn).

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
It was an option with the 03 also. I originally ordered my 03 vert with chrome wheels but there was a problem with the chrome on the wheels. My car was a first build June 2002. I wanted the car and the dealership had my car with the satin wheels so I took it. I called them earlier to tell them to skip the chrome wheels.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
03's came with Satin I know cause mine did and they were the only wheel choice BUT when the chromes were brought out ford offered to return the 03 wheels for a credit towards the chromes or u could keep the satin and buy the chromes for a discounted rate, thats what I did.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
it was an option for the 03's but from what i recall they were not as readily available til near the end of the 03 run. i vaguely remember that if you ordered them you got a voucher for them when they came available?

some of the first press vehicles had them early in the 03 model year, but most 03's were built with the clearcoat.

it was a $695 option for the 04's as well, but almost all 04's were ordered with them. however there are alot of 04's with the clearcoated rims too, mostly very early build cars from what i can tell.

my early build 04 comp orange came was ordered with chrome rims, but i swapped them for the clearcoat from my 03 because personally i prefer the look of the non-chromed

Users who are viewing this thread