2003 aftermarket Hoods

TechRTM

Established Member
Can someone please tell me where I can get a Aftermarket Hood for an 03 COBRA.

I see them on the Site! Everyone I call states they are so different from the regular GT/01 Cobra etc.????

Thanks for Helping in advance!
:read:

Wayneo

Established Member
I'd watch what hood you get for your cobra because the one on there is especially designed to extract the heat coming from the supercharger. Sorry don't know where to get aftermarket hoods:shrug:

fr03cobra

Established Member
yea because other 01 and below hoods will not shut because of the s/c pulley cover I have a 01 cervins hood and I had to take the s/c pulley cover off to make it shut.

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
I'd watch what hood you get for your cobra because the one on there is especially designed to extract the heat coming from the supercharger.

urban legends start like this... what kinda crap is this?

my "heat extracters" were plugged up by the engineers when my car arrived... That was one of the first mods I did, cut that plastic bs out of the way ...

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i guess a saleen s-281 extreme hood would look good. it has the same reverse scoops but with "ripples" like their sidescoops

LoneRangers03

Its hard to find a hood that fits as good as your stock one. Not to say that they aren't any out there but I've learned my lesson with aftermarket hoods. I'm staying with stock

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
The Saleen hood is fiberglass and has a tendency to crack. I think it looks nice, but it's made like crap just like every other thing saleen makes.

RossSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
I think it looks nice, but it's made like crap just like every other thing saleen makes.

Yup.......the quality is poor.........bought a set of "C" pillar trim panels. They came in chipped and the bonding seems were already cracked! Lot's of work went into them to correct the problem before painting and installation. Stay with the stock hood.

3GROC

Established Member
man the stock hood makes the car

granted the stock blanket looks like poop after a while and I would take mine off if the dude that put the hood on didnt autograph mine with his john hancock in a wax pencil I would take it off...in the meant time I just gonna cut it to make it actually work

keep the stocker....

busa fed

Established Member
what about a 2000 Cobra R hood from Cervinis? I have a DSG 03 and was thinking about doing that. will this be bad b/c it is closed off and will not vent the heat? let me know

thanks,
Justin

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
As far as heat goes, my stock hood used to be outrageously hot along with the fenders after a few good runs. I put on the SVO hood and everything is as cool as the other side of the pillow. It has huge (1.5 x 4) heat extractors in the back of the hood under the cowl. On a cool night, it actually steamed up my windshield a little. I believe (don't flame) that the cobra r has functional heat extractors in the back of the hood too.

Users who are viewing this thread