2003 Aniv Terminator (4k mi) - Thoughts on Mods?

OSU34

Established Member
I have rear H&R race springs (red) I’d be willing to sell if you’re interested.

Last edited:

BtownB

Established Member
My original post was in February...finally the Cobra arrived this week...i have to wait for all the docs to arrive to register it but at least I can get started doing a deep clean and doing some short drives

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My original post was in February...finally the Cobra arrived this week...i have to wait for all the docs to arrive to register it but at least I can get started doing a deep clean and doing some short drives
That's awesome. Congratulations. You undoubtedly know pretty much what you want to do, mods wise. Wouldn't hurt to put on paper what those mods will be and in what order. Keep us informed and post photos. :)

BtownB

Established Member
That's awesome. Congratulations. You undoubtedly know pretty much what you want to do, mods wise. Wouldn't hurt to put on paper what those mods will be and in what order. Keep us informed and post photos. :)
Thanks...doing clean up on the car right now...everything was coated in dust but the condition is obvious...I have a spreadsheet lol...here is a crappy photo of the interior...once I can register it locally I'll start picking up parts (waiting on all the documentation to get here but I've driven it as much as I can just around the immediate area and each day it seems to drive better

Attachments

• 03Cobra_Int.jpg
    03Cobra_Int.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 104

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love the 10th Anniversary interior, Brian. Yours looks perfect. Enjoy it!!

PcChip

Established Member
I'll be watching this thread, I just received a black 2003 Cobra Coupe with 5500 miles on it so I'm in a similar boat!

it came with aftermarket exhaust with no cats, but he included the full stock exhaust too with the sale (it's sitting in my back yard right now, gotta figure out where to store it)

it apparently also has an aftermarket shifter in it, I've only driven it around the block once but I kept missing third and hitting fifth, hopefully I'll get used to it

BtownB

Established Member
Always have loved that interior.
Any other pics?
-J
Not yet...slow process getting the car inspected/registered...where I live they are all working on schedules now minus the gas stations and I'm not giving them my car...I've swapped the horse for the cobra, done an antenna delete, new Lloyds mats...just minor stuff

BtownB

Established Member
I'll be watching this thread, I just received a black 2003 Cobra Coupe with 5500 miles on it so I'm in a similar boat!

it came with aftermarket exhaust with no cats, but he included the full stock exhaust too with the sale (it's sitting in my back yard right now, gotta figure out where to store it)

it apparently also has an aftermarket shifter in it, I've only driven it around the block once but I kept missing third and hitting fifth, hopefully I'll get used to
yeah you need to get it indoors...I've been trying to drive mine just around the neighborhood as much as possible until it's registered

PcChip

Established Member
that's exactly what I'm doing as well, took it around the block a few times until all the paperwork gets done, but 100% keeping it in the garage... my Veloster N will have to sleep outside now lol

BtownB

Established Member
that's exactly what I'm doing as well, took it around the block a few times until all the paperwork gets done, but 100% keeping it in the garage... my Veloster N will have to sleep outside now lol
wise decision...my GTI is outside although I hate for any cars to be outside

bull_dog190

Established Member
Congrats!!!! One thing ill say is don't over mod it, unless thats what you want.
As the car is right now, it will last forever and you could drive it accross the country if you wanted. Keep that in mind!!
Very appealing to me - maybe not to others. I still like to have a good CAR. Not just a 1 trick pony that I cant actually enjoy on trips and such. Modded Cobra's dont excel here.

A nice sounding exhaust system (bassani/borla/magnaflow) can go a long way to satisfying the mod bug, without sacrificing longevity of the engine, clutch, rearend ect.

If you just want a fast cruiser with no worries then be weary of adding a ton of mods.
Enjoy one of the best Mustangs ever made!!!!

My 10th

Attachments

• 279326290_10160304442164747_1621559495532981707_n.jpg
    279326290_10160304442164747_1621559495532981707_n.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 60

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Mine has 8k miles, honestly just a fun car to cruise in and I enjoy it stock. The itch is always there, but then I know I’ll go down the same road as my other cobra.

My advice, lower it and do some wheels, enjoy it as a cruiser.

Attachments

• 6862B649-031E-4007-8AF7-007EEE2B8197.jpeg
    6862B649-031E-4007-8AF7-007EEE2B8197.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 60

LS WUT

Established Member
Congrats!!!! One thing ill say is don't over mod it, unless thats what you want.
As the car is right now, it will last forever and you could drive it accross the country if you wanted. Keep that in mind!!
Very appealing to me - maybe not to others. I still like to have a good CAR. Not just a 1 trick pony that I cant actually enjoy on trips and such. Modded Cobra's dont excel here.

A nice sounding exhaust system (bassani/borla/magnaflow) can go a long way to satisfying the mod bug, without sacrificing longevity of the engine, clutch, rearend ect.

If you just want a fast cruiser with no worries then be weary of adding a ton of mods.

My 10th
I want a black coupe 10th so bad, and a sonic blue.

BtownB

Established Member

My 10th
One thing I'm not in is a rush...I had a completely different car built in my head and how that I have it and have had some time to think about it (and with feedback from the forum) I want to enjoy each mod as I go...my focus is to get the car running well as it is, and do an x-pipe/catback

BtownB

Established Member
Mine has 8k miles, honestly just a fun car to cruise in and I enjoy it stock. The itch is always there, but then I know I’ll go down the same road as my other cobra.

My advice, lower it and do some wheels, enjoy it as a cruiser.
tires are also high on the list since they are almost 20yrs old...still toying with wheel ideas

Users who are viewing this thread