2003 Azure Blue OEM "Plus" Build

MachJoe98

Make it Bacon
Established Member
How was putting on the side stripe? I installed the OEM hood one which was easy since the backing on it fit the contours of the hood but the side stripe looks like it'll take a lot more work getting lined up properly.

Although it took longer to install the side stripes, I actually thought it was easier than the hood because you have a point of reference to keep the decal straight. I installed the front and rear fender portions first, then lined up the center section to match while following the contour of the body. Cake.

starnsey

Established Member
Although it took longer to install the side stripes, I actually thought it was easier than the hood because you have a point of reference to keep the decal straight. I installed the front and rear fender portions first, then lined up the center section to match while following the contour of the body. Cake.

Cool, did you just use water/dish soap and a squeegee? That's essentially how I did the hood stripe

MachJoe98

Make it Bacon
Established Member
Cool, did you just use water/dish soap and a squeegee? That's essentially how I did the hood stripe

Yup, I used some Dawn detergent and an old credit card, make sure you squeeze out all water and air bubbles before removing the backing or the vinyl will pull up

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Where did u get your side stripes. I kinda like the look of the full stripe instead of the faded factory stripe. I might go this way when mine fall off.

MachJoe98

Make it Bacon
Established Member
Where did u get your side stripes. I kinda like the look of the full stripe instead of the faded factory stripe. I might go this way when mine fall off.

I bought the stripes from Anchor Room for a very reasonable price. Much lower than anything I could find online and they had great service. I could not justify paying 200+ for the oem stripes that fade out at the end... I am more than happy with these as I am not too bent on the car looking 100% oem

MachJoe98

Make it Bacon
Established Member
inspirational build. you dont mess around

Thanks man, its definitely been lots of work but its worth it. Sometimes it's hard staying motivated. I still need to install my cams and finish some wiring and I'm putting it off... ill get to it one of these days lol

MachJoe98

Make it Bacon
Established Member
Well..... I bit the bullet and ordered a set of Pacesetter long tube headers, should be installed next week. I'll keep you guys posted on the results.

LGHTNG02GT

Established Member
did you ever put those cobra cams in it?? if so, how was the install? i see they didnt have the cam gears on them, what did you do for gears then?

LGHTNG02GT

Established Member
thanks for the insight! i have 96/97 cams so i will have to completely swap over the cam gears (kind of wish they were 98's so i could just bolt my stock gears to the new cams) i did a pair of valve covers on a 4v before so i know that end of the deal sucks haha. again thanks for your input and you've done an outstanding job with the build. like everyone else has said, the seats are fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread