2003 Black, 600+RWHP KB Cobra

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Well, I was contemplating selling the car or not. But I have made a decision, to go ahead and do it. The title of the car is under my name, and also the car is registered in my name. Combines with school, and insurance I am going to go ahead and let the car go(I have a perfect driving record, but that means nothing to insurance). I do not have to sell it, but it would be the best strategic move at this point in my life. I just recently in the past month, have spent over $2,000 in modifications. This car is legit, very clean inside and out, not to mention it runs like a raped ape. All the work was done at JLP, little things done at JDM. The car lays down 603rwhp and 544rwtq, through a conservative tune at 17#. Now I will get onto the modifications, and some pictures. I don't have any professional ones, my friend will be professionally detailing my car this coming weekend. I will have newer pictures up by then, I will include a few so you can get an idea of the car. I also have all the receipts for all the work done to the car, and recent purchases.

Motor is stock, never opened
-26,xxx miles on the car
-KB 2.2l blower
-Billetflow Throttle body(Terminator engraved)
-Gords ford HE with TWIN 5inch SPAL fans
-JDM cold air
-Diablo tuned, and flipchip
-KB boost-a-spark
-NGK TR7IX plugs
-LDC cooling mod
-PA performance alternator
-100mm upper idler, two 90mm lower idlers

Fuel
-55lb injectors
-DUAL focus pumps

Transmission
-26 spline input shaft
-Fidanza aluminum flywheel
-BRAND NEW spec stage 3+ clutch(you will have to break it in)
-Firewall clutch quadrant
-MGW shifter with red handle

Suspension/Exhaust
-H&R SS springs
-MM caster-camber plates
-Kenny Brown subframe connectors
-Bassani X-pipe with hi-flow cats
-Borla Stinger catback

Wheels and Tires
-18x10 Black chrome fr500's in the back, 18x9 Black chrome fr500's in front
-Front tires are 275 BFG KDW2's with maybe 200 miles on them
-Back tires are BRAND NEW 315 MT ET street radials

Miscellaneous
-Red optima battery
-Sylvania Silverstar headlights and fog lights
-Battery cut-off from interior
-Pioneer cd/dvd touchscreen flipout
-5% tint
-Hurst line lock
-Autometer lunar series boost and oil pressure in a-pillar
-Raptor shift light in the air vent
-LO Jack and window etching from factory

The price is $28,500, please don't come in my thread and tell me your friend bought a car from a friend who knew this other guy for cheaper. I do not want to hear it, all posts non relevant to the for sale thread will be deleted by a mod. If you have any questions, feel free to either email me at [email protected] or send me a PM and I will give you my cell number.

DSCI0103.jpg

DSCI0085.jpg

DSCI0073.jpg

carpicsmaaan019.jpg

2024676280100931321AbAjUc_fs.jpg

2386717140100931321ZEFyYy_fs.jpg

DSCI0111-1.jpg

after3.jpg

carpicsmaaan016.jpg

0107081554a.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v257/rustyrusss/?action=view&current=carpicsmaaan012.flv

Last edited:

VGER

Established Member
Is your insurance really that expensive? Mine is only 950 every 6 months here in Michigan and I have broad/500 + gap.
Car looks great.

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Is your insurance really that expensive? Mine is only 950 every 6 months here in Michigan and I have broad/500 + gap.
Car looks great.

Thanks for the kind words man, and yes. I have a perfect driving record, but due to the car being under my name and me not being over 24. I am still a high risk to insurance companies, I pay 5 times more then that 950 every 6months.:smmon:

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I can vouch for russ (owner of the vehicle). The car pulls strong and hard. Alot of money been invested into it. Anything that looked like it would be a problem taken care of, and me personally detailng it in the summer spending over 5hrs on it. Im sad to see it go because i am attached, but if it sells. The next owner will be happy, just hope it goes to a good owner.

tjs98gt

Established Member
I can vouch for russ (owner of the vehicle). The car pulls strong and hard. Alot of money been invested into it. Anything that looked like it would be a problem taken care of, and me personally detailng it in the summer spending over 5hrs on it. Im sad to see it go because i am attached, but if it sells. The next owner will be happy, just hope it goes to a good owner.

same here. ive seen the car in person. very clean and very fast. great deal.

Those are the MAGIC YOU'RE GONNA PAY WORDS! Can you put the Cobra in her name?
I am sending this link to someone who is looking for a Cobra.

thats what i tried saying too. sucks to see it go man. u should take the fox up there so your still in the game haha.

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
My loan is through Capital one, and according to them my mom would have to buy the car from me. The catch is, they said she cannot live in the same household they will not allow it. Thanks for linking it, if the person has any question have him email me.

Those are the MAGIC YOU'RE GONNA PAY WORDS! Can you put the Cobra in her name?
I am sending this link to someone who is looking for a Cobra.

Thanks Tom, I don't want to see it go either. Just after dropping over $2,000 in parts I would like to enjoy the car, but oh well. Whoever buys it, is guaranteed to enjoy it.

same here. ive seen the car in person. very clean and very fast. great deal.

Last edited:

tjs98gt

Established Member
oh i didnt realize there was a loan on it. i had capital one with my truck loan and they wouldnt let me sell it to my mother either. sucked. i understand the situation now.

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
oh i didnt realize there was a loan on it. i had capital one with my truck loan and they wouldnt let me sell it to my mother either. sucked. i understand the situation now.

Yup, good news is I can get back into a terminator though. I just have to have my mom take out the loan, and put everything under her name. I wont find one ever like mine probably, but shit happens.

Silverboost

Established Member
You do not have to go through Capital One for the financing. What you need to do is go through a local credit union (they usually have the lowest interest rates) and have her get a loan through them to purchase the vehicle. There is no reason why you wouldn't be able to have her purchase the car. Give her a sales receipt saying you gave the car to her as a gift so when she registers it there will be no sales tax. I wouldn't sell the car, you will lose a ton of money going the route you are trying to go. Is it possible for her to take out a home equity loan and buy the car from you? That is another route.

tjs98gt

Established Member
You do not have to go through Capital One for the financing. What you need to do is go through a local credit union (they usually have the lowest interest rates) and have her get a loan through them to purchase the vehicle. There is no reason why you wouldn't be able to have her purchase the car. Give her a sales receipt saying you gave the car to her as a gift so when she registers it there will be no sales tax. I wouldn't sell the car, you will lose a ton of money going the route you are trying to go. Is it possible for her to take out a home equity loan and buy the car from you? That is another route.

exactly my thoughts

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Good luck with sale Russ! Sorry to see you sell it..

And guys... Living in NJ is not cheap when your under 25. I pay $5100 a year for two cars for insurance. Cobra and CTS. And thats with no points.

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Good luck with sale Russ! Sorry to see you sell it..

And guys... Living in NJ is not cheap when your under 25. I pay $5100 a year for two cars for insurance. Cobra and CTS. And thats with no points.

Thats the demise of me man, I did it for over a year. I am just about fed up with it, I have no points or moving violations and still they decide to rape me with insurance. With school, I cannot handle it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread