2003 Cobra Radiator Fan Only works with a/c

WOLVERINE03

Established Member
Hi guys! I have a 2003 Cobra, radiator fan only turns on when you turn the a/c on, does the fan have a relay in the fuse box? Is it the CCRM in the pass. Side fender ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !

2003SVTFreak

Established Member
Sounds like your fan temp sensor went bad. I'm not sure where it's located on the Cobra but in sure someone will chime in. If it was a fuse the fan wouldn't work at all.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Sounds like your fan temp sensor went bad. I'm not sure where it's located on the Cobra but in sure someone will chime in. If it was a fuse the fan wouldn't work at all.
Probably the unit that is on the top of the fan. It just clicks into place.

bigmoose

Established Member
I'm not sure but I thought fan speed was determined by ECT, not a sensor at the fan. Could be your low speed is gone on the fan. Ac uses high speed. Maybe ECTs are not getting hot enough to kick on high speed. Have you let it idle for a while to see if high kicks on?

WOLVERINE03

Established Member
I'm not sure but I thought fan speed was determined by ECT, not a sensor at the fan. Could be your low speed is gone on the fan. Ac uses high speed. Maybe ECTs are not getting hot enough to kick on high speed. Have you let it idle for a while to see if high kicks on?
I let it idle for 20-30 min. My auto meter gauge was at 220 degrees. I replaced the resistor on top of the fan shroud and the fan still doesn't come on in low speed. I was wondering if it could be the low speed relay in the ccrm that's located in the pass side fender? Or the small relay by the MAF, but don't know if that is for fan or intercooler pump??? Fuses are good ! Sooo I'm still stumped

WOLVERINE03

Established Member
When you say low
Speed is gone, do you mean the low speed relay in the CCRM?

WOLVERINE03

Established Member
Probably the unit that is on the top of the fan. It just clicks into place.
The resistor that's under the intercooler tank you mean? I replaced that and still doesn't kick in on low speed, only when ac is on. Fuses is fuse box are good? Any help or insight would be appreciated ! Thank you !

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
You could also use a test light on the harness going to the fan to narrow it down. I think stock turn on temps are like 208 low and 218 high.

DropSVT

Established Member
I would unplug the fan and use jump wires from battery to the fan to test if the fan motor low setting even works... Next id test fan switches and relays and then id get a new coolant temp sensor if it still doesnt work

Sent from my LGMS428 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread