2003 cobra rear-ended**totaled!

joelykool

Established Member
Well guys, have some bad news! I just bought this car about 1.5 months ago from a fellow member on here and wouldn't ya know, I got rear ended on my way home with it. When I had bought it, there was some rear end noise so before my trek back to az, I had the whole car gone through top to bottom. The whole rear end was rebuilt with new everything, new cv axle, new brakes, new front wheel bearing assembly, new window motors, new fluids all the way around...have over $2,000 in garage receipts to get this car ready to take back home with me. Here is the specs on the car...

2003 Cobra black exterior
65,xxx miles

2.3 gen IIwhipple supercharger only on for 8,000 miles
3.0 RRpulley (18psi)
metco idlers
SCT tuner
Mafia Mass air intake
60 lbs injectors
kenne bell boost a pump
Spec stage 3 clutch
LFP intercooler resivoir
Steeda bumpsteer kit
Steeda firewall clutch quadrant adjuster
Steeda tri axle shifter
Steeda IRS brace
low profile IRS bolts
3/8" spacers
H&R race springs
Basani Catted X pipe with flow cats ( only 1500 miles ago)
Borla stinger cat back exhaust
just replaced all 4 02 sensors when exhaust was changed
18x9 cobra Chrome rims in front
18x10.5 cobra chrome rims in rear
5k HID for head lights and fog lights
3" VIS fiberglass cowl hood

Professionally tuned by Chris at EFI Logics in Bethel,CT

565rwhp
554 ft/lbs tq (on mustang dyno)

Now as for price, im not sure what to ask...what does a car like this run? Im selling this car as a whole and you can part out whatever youd like or rebuild to drive again. I think a reasonable asking price would maybe be around $9,500 -$10,000. Its worth much more than that in parts. I see many motor and trans combos go for $8,000 easily with the whipple on it. And like I said, I just spent well over $2,000 on it just a month ago.

Last edited:

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
I don't see you getting more than 10k-12k as a whole setup depending on the damage. Pics of how messed up it actually is would help. You would be better off parting it out yourself. Just would take some time.

Sent from my iPhone while I should be working.

joelykool

Established Member
Yea, im trying to get up some pics but not sure how to on this site. Any helpful tips with regards on how to do that.

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
You have to post them using a url from an account like photobucket. I just use tapatalk on my mobile devices. It's much easier that way.

joelykool

Established Member
Still looking for offers. I have no down payment yet...best I can do is send pics email. Can't figure out how to post them on here. The best I can do to describe the cars damage is obviously being rear ended the back end is pretty much all smashed up. The back bumper, gate, back quarter panels are all bad. The passenger side is what got hit the worst due to the driver wanting to miss me so the passenger side is the worst amt of damage. The passenger side door does not want to open very well due to the impact of pushing all body panel front. Im not sure if there is frame damage but there could be. This car is more of a parts car than a car to rebuild back on the road. It would take a lot of work! Just trying to be honest with yall. I need bids asap. The car has to be out of the wrecking yard by next week!!!!!

BLKFOX

Established Member
Any interest in selling the bbk x pipe?

Sent while swerving through cones on air suspension ;)

Users who are viewing this thread