2003 Cobra Stegi stage 3

Black10thAnny

Established Member
At Mustang week I dynoed my black 03 cobra with a Stegi Stage 3 ported eaton in it. I bought the car earlier this year, and when dynoed the car was leaning out.
The previous owner ran the car for 4 years with the stock 39lb injectors, and the stock fuel pumps, and even stock maf. The car runs very well, but is leaning out a little bit to about 12.5-12.6 Air/fuel at around 3600-4200 and again at 4700-5700 rpm.I just bought a mafia mass air chip ( haven't installed that yet) but Im curious to know if I need any fuel mods like injectors or a Boost a pump
The only other addition to that is a o/r x pipe and magnapack catback.
The car has10-12 lbs of boost on a 2.8 pulley. My only question is what type of fuel modifications should be done to the car?
It made 518 on the dyno, I kinda want to stay away from 60lb injectors and keep it somewhat fuel efficient lol. I do drive it daily during summer months

Is it possible that I can do 42lb injectors, and install the mafia and be all set?

cobracide

Established Member
DATALOG. Fuel injectors have nothing to do with your fuel economy. Your engine either needs fuel or not - and you do not want to go lean. Get a Prius if you want fuel economy. :)

Last edited:

Banshee06

Established Member
Mine has a Kenne Bell Bap stock Injectors, Stage V+ porting, 2.76 upper, Accufab tb and Pl SCT MAF, Bassani H pipe and catbacks and has a Great AF ratio and I get 21 MPG if I stay out of the boost.

Users who are viewing this thread