2003 Cobra VS 2013 ZL1

03SVTCobraDave

Established Member
Well as the title states my cobra vs a ZL1. It was an unexpected race, I didn't have any of my cameras on me :bash: yeah my mistake. Well here it goes.
I was minding my own business when I noticed a red ZL1 coming up quick. Well long story short we went to a back road and raced. He wanted a 40 roll so i agreed. I spun but walked him by at least 3! So he wanted a dig, so I stalled up the car and got him out the hole hard! I spun but not bad. I beat him by at least 2 and a half cars. He was was hanging in there the second race pretty good. We shook hands and he told me he was surprised that my car beat him he also said thats why he wanted a dig because he thought he would beat me! LOL I'm pretty surprised on my cobra too! :banana: My mods are in the sig, his are just exhaust.
:beer:

ctgreddy

Established Member
not surprising at all. those cars dyno around 480 assuming it was an auto. Your car prolly would do similar numbers if not more with that auto, and you're 4-500lbs lighter. and a catback doesn't do anything for those cars they're already good, unless by exhaust you mean longtubes.

03SVTCobraDave

Established Member
Nice ! Not surprised considering your mods
Thanks!

Yeah not surprised but nice kill! Wish there was video!
I've only raced it one other time so thats why im surprised lol sorry guys! He wants to re run in the coming days when it gets cooler again so ill take the gopro along!

not surprising at all. those cars dyno around 480 assuming it was an auto. Your car prolly would do similar numbers if not more with that auto, and you're 4-500lbs lighter. and a catback doesn't do anything for those cars they're already good, unless by exhaust you mean longtubes.
Yes it was an auto! No just mid pipe and mufflers iirc.

What kind of power you putting down OP?
That i wish i knew. Previous owner said it was somewhere north of 500!

ctgreddy

Established Member
If you rerun him again might want to tell him he needs some more parts to hang with you. Upper/lower pulley, cai, tb, and longtubes and a good tune he'll clear 600whp. Then he might be able to keep ahead of you.

03SVTCobraDave

Established Member
good kill...i'll be looking for one of those turds on my next R&R.

it wont be fair now that im FI but i just dont like overpriced/overhyped turds
Thanks!! You should, it'll be damn easy for you to kill it worse than me! :beer:

Congratulations for the slay, that might be a warning sign for those who think 03-04s are no longer a performance benchmark.
Thanks and yes might be lol!

^ who thinks that? haha
Guess hes basically saying the "nay sayers" on todays badass cars? :shrug:

nice kill!
Thanks man! :beer:

If you rerun him again might want to tell him he needs some more parts to hang with you. Upper/lower pulley, cai, tb, and longtubes and a good tune he'll clear 600whp. Then he might be able to keep ahead of you.
Oh yeah for sure he'll be able to pass me like nothing! But its pretty cool a 10 year old, 4.6 can hold its own against a supercharged 6.2 :) :banana:

I want to run one!
Do it man! I'm sure your 5.0 will whoop one like nothing man! You got a strong car so I'm more than sure you'll beat one! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread