2003 lightning

stangm89

WILD BILL
Established Member
Looking at a 03 lightning at a local dealership with 60k miles but has some issues wonder if you guys can help me?
engine has been replaced at this dealership but it cuts out real bad at full throttle.
lower grill is missing
interior piece is missing on driver side door panel [piece that goes to top of windshield]
needs a paint job has some bad scratches.
driver side seat is wore needs replacing.
It does have aftermarket exhaust and a shift kit.
other than the coughing at full throttle it seems to run great
they are asking 13900.00 what would be a good offer?

tistan

Established Member
Continue searching. That sounds like a piece of crap. What I would offer them isn't any where near $13.9. Seats shouldn't be that worn at 60k miles, so someone might have tampered with the odometer, and it is very easy to do on these trucks. Engines not running right. Decent paint job will cost $4-5k so I would knock at least that much off the price. I have seen nice trucks going for $14k.

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
I have a little over 60k on mine and the seats still look brand new. What I've learned over the years buying vehicles is if there's any second guessing, move on...

4a7191a

Established Member
yeah, plus the couching at wot is not good, most likely if its stock its the fuel filter, but still. i think since the piller is missing most likely she had mods done to her, and been rode hard.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
like they said, sounds like that truck has had one hard life, at 56k my seats look damn near new and theyve never had a cover or anything on em

unless you're looking for a project I guess

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
WOT issue is either the fuel filter or fuel line in the tank, either are pretty easily remedied. Have the dealer fix that at least. Get an Oasis report in addition to a Carfax. The interior can be fixed either by finding used parts or going to Late Model Restoration Supply.

As for price, lowball them and see if they bite.

Users who are viewing this thread