2003 Mach1 vs 2004 Mach1

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
69hahaha said:
I was taking a look at your mods and wondered what weight savings you have done? Awesome times by the way. :thumbsup:
The only weigh reduction I have going to the track is taking out the front passenger and rear seats.. My car can run faster then what is in my 1/4 best time now. When I was running 12.2's I didn't have my longtubes on then, just everything else in my sig.. I have since dropped about 1.5 tenths in the 1/8 mile from the times I was running back then.. I do believe that it has some low 12.1's or 12.0's in it the way it sits now with the weight reduction and all 100% stock suspension..

Machinator

Banned
dan03mach said:
The only weigh reduction I have going to the track is taking out the front passenger and rear seats.. My car can run faster then what is in my 1/4 best time now. When I was running 12.2's I didn't have my longtubes on then, just everything else in my sig.. I have since dropped about 1.5 tenths in the 1/8 mile from the times I was running back then.. I do believe that it has some low 12.1's or 12.0's in it the way it sits now with the weight reduction and all 100% stock suspension..

Were the long tubes worth it? Did they give you a seat of the pants difference? I may get some.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Machinator said:
Were the long tubes worth it? Did they give you a seat of the pants difference? I may get some.
Very much worth it to me.. I did a dyno pull a month before the install and a few weeks after the install and I gained 15rwhp and 15 rwtq. I also gained over 12rwhp&tq through the complete curve..

NeverFastEnough

Established Member
Now that everyone has had their fun, there is no real HP difference between the two, however Ford advertised 310 for the 2004 and 305 for the 2003, same Torque numbers. What is strange is the 04s are actually more restrictive on the exhaust. The valve covers and other very minor things noted above, along with the badges on the side are the only other thing. Driving the two you would not notice any difference unless you were driving the colors Screamin Yellow and Competition Orange. So fear not, 03 or 04 will deliver the performance.

NeverFastEnough

Established Member
True for some reason the Blue ones got the low HP motors. Good thing for the rest of us we got the good ones. Although, I have not been beaten by a Red one yet, so I can't agree it is the fastest. Hell, mine is so fast it scared the color off my car so now it is White.

Users who are viewing this thread