2003 Mustang Convertible with Saleen Kit Wheel and Tire Sizes

jking1975

I have a 2003 Mustang Gt Convertible with a Saleen Body Kit. I have not lowered it at all and am planning on replacing the 17" Bullitt wheels with a Saleen Style wheel. I want the staggered look with a much wider rear tire. I need direction on the choice of 18",19" or 20" rims. The 18" wheels I am looking at only come with one width. The 19" and 20" wheels come in different widths. I also would like to know suggestions on tire sizes. If you have a set up similar to what you are suggesting pics would help too. Thanks for the help.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Need some more specs on the wheels you are thinking about running. You can pretty much fit whatever wheel you want into the wheel wells of a new edge. Especially if the car isn't lowered. Heck even 10" wheels fit under the front of these cars.

If you are dead set on that set of wheels what you can do is run an 18 up front and a 19" wheel in the rear to get your wider rear wheel. Then you just buy the appropriate tire sizes to make it sit right. I usually try to always have my fronts be 1" shorter than the rears to give the car the proper bit of rake.

Users who are viewing this thread