2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Built MMR 900 Block

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Wish I was in the market for another stang, my favorite color by far, glws!!

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
No sorry, I would consider partial trade on fox hatch. I have a cobra motor getting built for one and the wiring. I guess you could say I already started another project. Thanks
ttt

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
This is in my craigslist ad.

I am technically 2nd owner, 1st owner bought at dealer and then turned into dealer in Minneapolis as they got it bought back from Ford due to clutch issues but I have completely gone thru it.

cobrajma

heh,heh, he said "member"
Established Member
Like title says. Here is my craigslist ad with tons of pics, please feel free to ask questions but do not call me unless you are very serious in buying. Thanks for looking. Oh and add doesn't say but motor has 8k plus on it, I bought it from a member here. He just got it broke it in and got side swiped and totaled car.
2003 Mustang Cobra
But you said the previous owner "got it broke in and got side swiped and totaled car"

Just trying to clarify what car you were referring to....

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Sorry for confusion I thought I made it clear. So I will just make it clearer. I bought car from dealer as a certified Ford but was a manufacturer buyback. It had clutch issues. Well Ford kept putting clutches in it and making adjustments as they called it.. previous owner got pissed and got Ford to buy back. I fixed problem by installing adjustable clutch cable after I made local dealer here replace clutch so I could start fresh. I never had any issues again other than when cable comes too loose get the 2nd to 3rd shift issue most guys have here. I also did washer mod on pressure bolt on transmission. It literally shifts with ease now. I have also now 2 years ago installed a Spec 3+ clutch, fidanza flywheel, Ford racing TOB, new pressure plate bolts, 26spline input shaft and Ford Racing fork.

As far as engine goes, I had a tensioner go bad on OEM engine, but we luckily caught it before any major damage occurred. Instead of rebuilding it. I found a built MMR 900 from a member on here and installed it. He had put it in an 03 redfire and after getting 8k on engine was hit hard in side and totaled his car. I bought motor and went thru it to make sure it was fine. I had valve covers wrinkle black powdercoated as wells as tensioner bridge. I also replaced front cover, crank seal, oil pan and valve cover gaskets. I made sure and got all torque specs and followed procedure as per Ford Service Manual on everything. It makes it easy on engine stand. Then I reinstalled in car.

I took it down to dyno and had engine tune checked and set conservative. It was really humid day and did 476 hp and 479tq. I know there is a lot missing as Brad can tell you this dyno guy is scared to be even a little aggressive. Back in April it did 493/502 tq with same mods. Car runs awesome and feels the same but heat kills these eatons. If I was keeping car I would throw better blower on it. Car is ready for it. Hope this clears it up.

Last edited:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Please if you have questions and are a SERIOUS BUYER, please don't hesitate to call me. I will not always respond to texts. IF you cant call me then I wont take you seriously. Thanks for looking. All of my friends now how anal I am and the meticulous detail I gave to this car. You will not be disappointed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread