2003 Sonic Blue TT Cobra

HIGHOCTANE

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Don't quote me on this, but I think he said he'd consider trades of up to $10k in value... Just trying to help you out Rod....:beer:

Thanks!

trades on built foxes?

Possibly, but like shhak said, I could only go about 10k in value, which probably wouldn't get much of a built Fox. I have a deposit on the car and 2 possible back up cash buyers. I hope to know in the next day or so if the 1st buyer has come up with the money. If not I will contact the other 2 guys and anyone else interested and go from there.

Thanks
:beer:

HIGHOCTANE

Speed Junkie
Established Member
I appreciate all the Pm'ed offers I have received. Is there anyone out there interested that has cash in hand? I'm not entertaining any further offers with contengincies. I still have a deposit on the car but it is looking like that deal could drag out for some time, due to his buyer. I'd be motivated by a buyer that doesn't need time to come up with the cash.

Thanks

HIGHOCTANE

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Lowering the price to $43k, but only for a buyer who has the money on hand. Not entertaining any "I need to sell my car first" deals. I already have one of those deals.

Thanks

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
What bank is he with 125% over high book is all I can get approved for an I am just a bit under 800 on my FICO. Is it a local bank?

HIGHOCTANE

Speed Junkie
Established Member
What bank is he with 125% over high book is all I can get approved for an I am just a bit under 800 on my FICO. Is it a local bank?

I am a member of a credit union that will approve pretty much anything for me as long as I can sell it to a loan officer. Which usually isn't too hard, If you have a good long history with them. But maybe he has a loan cash on hand?

Last edited:

PSNOUS

Established Member
He was shopping for GT500s at MSRP and and approval from Ford Motor credit but that fell through. He has used JJ Bank (sp) before as well. But in this instance he got pre approved for an auto purchase from Citi Bank or something like up to a certain amount and they sent him a blank check that is not to exceed that amount. So he's ready to buy something.

shhak

Established Member
Are you sure that check is valid for purchases thru an individual? Some of these places that do it like that don't allow the checks to be used to by from an individual. In fact, a guy on here recently got scammed by a guy with one of those checks. The guy sold a car to another guy who had one of those checks. Then when the seller took the check to his bank, they found out that the issueing bank had stopped payment on that check. I may be wrong, but not many banks will loan $40-$45k on a car that books for $25k or so. Just my own personal thoughts.....

PSNOUS

Established Member
Yea, he already discussed that with them so all should be good to go if he wants the car. JJ Bank will loan that much over book value with an appraisal showing that the mods make the car worth that much, etc..........

shhak

Established Member
Yea, he already discussed that with them so all should be good to go if he wants the car. JJ Bank will loan that much over book value with an appraisal showing that the mods make the car worth that much, etc..........

Oh, ok. Nobody had mentioned the appraisal stipulation yet. My bank will normally lend me what I need as long as it's within reason. Like $30k on a $24-$25k book value, but I don't think they'd do $43k on a $25k car, unless like you said, we had an appraisal. Trouble is, a loan of that amount with little or no money down is gonna put the payments thru the roof. $43k for 48 months at 6.5% is $1019.74 a month. If you could get it for 60 months, it'd still be $841.34

Sorry Rod, not trying to kill your sale here, just trying to understand..:shrug:

slednex11

Established Member
pm a phone number please been watching this car for awhile now hoping i could get a chance at it before it sells um yah just be easier to talk with you instead of threads

HIGHOCTANE

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Are you sure that check is valid for purchases thru an individual? Some of these places that do it like that don't allow the checks to be used to by from an individual. In fact, a guy on here recently got scammed by a guy with one of those checks. The guy sold a car to another guy who had one of those checks. Then when the seller took the check to his bank, they found out that the issueing bank had stopped payment on that check. I may be wrong, but not many banks will loan $40-$45k on a car that books for $25k or so. Just my own personal thoughts.....

I always take the check to my bank with the buyer and have the bank verify funds BEFORE I let a car go.

Sorry Rod, not trying to kill your sale here, just trying to understand..:shrug:

No problem man. You aren't going to "kill my sale". If what you are saying causes a potential buyer to not buy the car because he re-thinks his ability to afford it then that is fine. I wouldn't want to sell it to someone who really could not afford it and a month down the road is in financial hardship because they had the "wants" and over extended themselves.
:beer:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member

Bingo I know here in Utah they wont. more then the car is valued no way. Only up to 125% Sorry for the side track on ur thread high octane I just saw that post about being pre approved for 45k on a 25k car and was wanting to know what I am doing wrong lol..

HIGHOCTANE

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Bump...back on track. Any reasonable serious offers out there? Please no tire kickers who don't have the means to buy PM'ing me just to see how low I will go.
Thanks

shhak

Established Member
Bump...back on track. Any reasonable serious offers out there? Please no tire kickers who don't have the means to buy PM'ing me just to see how low I will go.
Thanks

Damn, I was just about to PM you with a ROCK SOLID $29,500 CASH offer. Sonicsaleen will take that for his, so I thought maybe you'd jump on the bandwagon and take that for yours too...:poke::beer:

HIGHOCTANE

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Damn, I was just about to PM you with a ROCK SOLID $29,500 CASH offer. Sonicsaleen will take that for his, so I thought maybe you'd jump on the bandwagon and take that for yours too...:poke::beer:

$29,500 and your car, sure I'll do that. When you coming?
What I love is this kind of PM. "Would you take $xx,xxx"? I am a serious buyer. I reply back, that the amount is acceptable. Then I get the "ok cool, I have to sell 3 TVs, 2 lawn mowers, a car and a swing set and then I'll come pick up the car"
LOL

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
$29,500 and your car, sure I'll do that. When you coming?
What I love is this kind of PM. "Would you take ,xxx"? I am a serious buyer. I reply back, that the amount is acceptable. Then I get the "ok cool, I have to sell 3 TVs, 2 lawn mowers, a car and a swing set and then I'll come pick up the car"
LOL

LOL....I wish I could man. This car is well worth the $$$. Shop around guys for built engine low milage turbo cars and see what they are going for. I almost jumped on a TT car for 45k 5 months ago that wasn't nearly as nice as this one.

Users who are viewing this thread