2003 whipple/cammed takes new zo6!!!

MUSTANGDB

Established Member
I was driving on 287 in NJ when I see what looks like a new c6 coming up quickly behind me.When he is at my side,he throws me a rev and thats when I realized it was a new silver zo6.This car is absolutely the most beautiful vette I have ever seen.We went from a 50 roll up till around 120 and had him by 2.5-3 cars. I had hard trouble hooking at first because of my power level and cold road surface. I am currently at 660 rwhp/580rwtq and running on bfg drags! For you guys out there at 500rwhp you will have your work cut out for you!!! THESE CARS ARE NASTY!!!

Mr. Dave

NOTCH U!!!!!
Established Member
MUSTANGDB said:
I was driving on 287 in NJ when I see what looks like a new c6 coming up quickly behind me.When he is at my side,he throws me a rev and thats when I realized it was a new silver zo6.This car is absolutely the most beautiful vette I have ever seen.We went from a 50 roll up till around 120 and had him by 2.5-3 cars. I had hard trouble hooking at first because of my power level and cold road surface. I am currently at 660 rwhp/580rwtq and running on bfg drags! For you guys out there at 500rwhp you will have your work cut out for you!!! THESE CARS ARE NASTY!!!

Wow so your doin i guess at least between 11.5 to 11.00's. Guess im just goin to have to put twin turbos on the notch so i can beat a car like yours. Very nice kill.

mustangbee

Established Member
Snorman said:
Yeah...okay...where are all these 127mph C6 Z06's?

id like to see some pics of ur car, nice kill..its crazy it takes that much power to beat one.. u could be honest..but u understand right? ppl say some crazy 5hit on here..so as of now i dont believe it..and if the race went past 140mph, u would have lost...still, our aeros suck..that car will do 198mph faster than u..even if u have 800rwhp

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
mustangbee said:
Snorman said:
and if the race went past 140mph, u would have lost...still, our aeros suck..that car will do 198mph faster than u..even if u have 800rwhp
:bs:

I beat an C5 Z06 to 158 with 480rwhp. I'm 575 on the Mustang dyno now. My car is at the bottom of the page, you'll find it by my name here.

http://www.trueblueperformance.com/customers/

She now has Stage III Crower cams and new heads. Boost went from 17.5 to 16 with the reduction in back pressure. Time for a lower!

Last edited by a moderator:

mustangbee

Established Member
DaleM said:
mustangbee said:
:bs:

I beat an C5 Z06 to 158 with 480rwhp. I'm 575 on the Mustang dyno now.

keyword C5..even though the c6 zo6 is only 100hp more..its way more advanced..even if u beat one to 158..what about 168, 178, 188, 198...even IF ur car will do 200mph..it'll take a little while..AND u have over a hundred more horses to the ground than the new Z.. but 158 is ALOT different than 198..do u know how important aeros are at that speed

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
mustangbee said:
DaleM said:
keyword C5..even though the c6 zo6 is only 100hp more..its way more advanced..even if u beat one to 158..what about 168, 178, 188, 198...even IF ur car will do 200mph..it'll take a little while..AND u have over a hundred more horses to the ground than the new Z.. but 158 is ALOT different than 198..do u know how important aeros are at that speed
I bet just a guessing man here I'll get to 140 before him. Right now it's all a guess, this spring should tell the tale.
Your premise was to past 140 thats 141 to me, I'm going to say 160ish would where the designed aerodynamic advantages really show themself with a car a little lighter than mine. My car has been stiffened, lowered and lightened.

I threw some pix in the first post for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
mustangbee said:
Snorman said:
id like to see some pics of ur car, nice kill..its crazy it takes that much power to beat one.. u could be honest..but u understand right? ppl say some crazy 5hit on here..so as of now i dont believe it..and if the race went past 140mph, u would have lost...still, our aeros suck..that car will do 198mph faster than u..even if u have 800rwhp

I agree totally, I'd like to see some proof. Not saying it didn't happen but I don't think it happened.

delmarsteelers

Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
3 cars on a car that traps 127 lol ur car must be insane fast

At 640HP at the wheels you would be correct................

Mr. Dave said:
Wow so your doin i guess at least between 11.5 to 11.00's. Guess im just goin to have to put twin turbos on the notch so i can beat a car like yours. Very nice kill.

The Cobra could probably dip into the 10's with traction

mustangbee said:
Snorman said:
Yeah...okay...where are all these 127mph C6 Z06's?

Maybe next time they could race in the desert. How much, or how far does a cobra have to beat a car to make you happy? If he had better tires for traction then he would have beat the Z06 even worse, in other words, who cares about the what ifs. I personally could care less if someone beats me after 140mph, unless I am doing that in the 1/4. This comment sounds like a ricer comment, but you own a Cobra?

He beat the car plain and simple. He beat a 65+ grand car and he has less than 40 grand in his. I would feel damn good myself. I don't know the dude, I am sure he speaks the truth. The Z06 is not unbeatable, and it doesn't take a 640+ cobra to do it. Believe me, I know how bad a$$ the Z06 is from the factory, no question about that.

SoCalSnake

Established Member
Good kill. I believe you. You're putting out alot of power...very similar set-up to mine.

Again, good kill. The Z06 is getting the respect its due. A 650 rwhp terminator also commands respect...itse nothing to sneeze at.

Merv

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Nice kill man. It sucks for me to hear it takes that much power to put a couple lengths on one of those beasts. I'm making around 570rwhp and 680rwtq on my 60 shot, and it's sounding like that's not gonna be enough to hold one of those things off. lol Those things are just crazy. Again, good kill.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
You'll easily hold one off.
I know of pullied, non-ported bolt-on '03's running low-mid 11's at over 125mph.
At 550-575rwhp, a 3700lb. Cobra will run 126+mph...and we know how easy that is.

Apples to oranges.
The C6 Z06's are going to be quick cars, but by no means unbeatable.
S.

mustangbee

Established Member
delmarsteelers said:
At 640HP at the wheels you would be correct................

The Cobra could probably dip into the 10's with traction

mustangbee said:
Maybe next time they could race in the desert. How much, or how far does a cobra have to beat a car to make you happy? If he had better tires for traction then he would have beat the Z06 even worse, in other words, who cares about the what ifs. I personally could care less if someone beats me after 140mph, unless I am doing that in the 1/4. This comment sounds like a ricer comment, but you own a Cobra?

He beat the car plain and simple. He beat a 65+ grand car and he has less than 40 grand in his. I would feel damn good myself. I don't know the dude, I am sure he speaks the truth. The Z06 is not unbeatable, and it doesn't take a 640+ cobra to do it. Believe me, I know how bad a$$ the Z06 is from the factory, no question about that.

its 660rwhp
its cool, if its true..hell i love cobras, but i also know how other cobra owners can be..at that much power he should be able to smoke a stock Z.. BTW, if u own a fast car, 140mph can be acheived fairly quick, so a race exceeding those speeds isnt out of the question..some ppl refuse to give up.. personally, i wouldnt feel good if i beat a 500hp car, especially if a have 660rwhp..the Z has around 440rwhp... -220hp..ok..those cars SHOULD be if different leagues..their not..2 links?!? thats says alot..race in a desert..lol..these cars dont need it..

stangfreak

Established Member
of course it should go 10's with those numbers lol.

my friend john ran a 10.70 with 530rwtq ported upper lower eaton at 128mph. but he knows how to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread