2003 whipple/cammed takes new zo6!!!

WDW MKR

Established Member

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
how does the GT stack up on handling??? i havent heard much on those cars. i know they can handle pretty well, but did they ever test them at the ring? they did the new C6 vettes and lambo's, porsche GT2 and 911, and the vipers and a few others. i wonder how well the Z06 stacks up against that GT? my guess is that the Z06 is abit faster

Speednut

Screaming Snake
Established Member
Okay lets think about this for a second. The new ZO6 is without a doubt one of the baddest cars you can buy right now out of the box. But you guys are ranting and raving about comparing apples and oranges. Look the corvette has never been in the same class as the Cobras, hence the Camaro SS & the WS6 Trans Am. That was GM's competition for the Cobra.
A stock Cobra was sold in the $35,000 range weighed in at over 3700lbs and lets not forget has functional rear seats.
A C6 ZO6 is in the $68,000 range weighs in at 3100lbs and is a 2 seater.

If you make enough Horsepower to overcome any weight disadvantage you should be able to win the race, especialy from a roll where the weight it not as big of an issue as it would be from a dead stop. I don't know about aerodynamic drag at 192 mph but on the street I seriously doubt most will ever get out of 4th gear.

Now with that being said, I am sure its possible to beat a new ZO6 with the right parts and the right driver just as I am sure a stock ZO6 could woop up on some less modified cobras. I have an 04 Cobra with a few bolt-ons that I would love to race a new ZO6 with, I would more than likely lose but I should based on the hard facts. Now I also have a real fast 85 Mustang that makes gobs of H.P. that would smoke a new just about anything.. but again apples and oranges....

At the end of the day I would much rather have the versatility of my practical cobra that I can easily modify to make stupid H.P. numbers, and still take my wife and 2 kids for a local cruise to get ice cream.

p.s. why all the cobra haters on here isn't this an SVT site?

Last edited:

SHOspeedProject

Established Member
mustangbee said:
DaleM said:
keyword C5..even though the c6 zo6 is only 100hp more..its way more advanced..even if u beat one to 158..what about 168, 178, 188, 198...even IF ur car will do 200mph..it'll take a little while..AND u have over a hundred more horses to the ground than the new Z.. but 158 is ALOT different than 198..do u know how important aeros are at that speed

The c6 Z06 is a good bit LESS aero than the c5. C6 has a .34 c/d vs the C5's .30. My Taurus has a better c/d than the new Z06.

Users who are viewing this thread