2003 whipple/cammed takes new zo6!!!

gnxs

Established Member
joegt38 said:
Sounds good....
:idea: You going to try it :-D The ZO will never catch you....

No, not without getting a short-block with better piston-wall tolerances.

I have a feeling there will be a bunch of modded C6 Z06's around here next year and I bet they're gonna be VERY strong. IMO, we've only seen the very tip of what they're capable of.

earl lee

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Exactly. You're buying a total package... not just a drap strip warrior. Many dealers are selling them for MSRP.

Autoweek just did a shootout between them both and they said the viper still handles better and stops faster, the vette is however fastest now.

MG01SVT

citius, fortius
Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
mustangbee said:
Good god you are really retarded you know that?

The fastest 03 CObra did over 200mph with less power than he is making."fastest official speed"

I don't care how slippery the car is, with 660rwhp, that Vette is NEVER coming back.

PLus our DC is not that bad, CObras are actually somewhat slippery. :idea:

SO you think even if i had 800 rwhp, a c6 z06 is gonna get to "198" quicker?

PLease god tell me you're joking, if not you're the biggest dumbass i've seen on here yet.

LOL, Hell Yeah

A

joegt38

Established Member
gnxs said:
No, not without getting a short-block with better piston-wall tolerances.

I have a feeling there will be a bunch of modded C6 Z06's around here next year and I bet they're gonna be VERY strong. IMO, we've only seen the very tip of what they're capable of.
I agree, there will be some beasts out there wait till Speed inc. Gets ahold of one....

WDW MKR

Established Member
earl lee said:
Autoweek just did a shootout between them both and they said the viper still handles better and stops faster, the vette is however fastest now.

I don't put a whole lot of faith into Autoweek numbers. The new GTS coupe may hang, but I highly doubt that the SRT-10 roadster will out-handle or out-brake the Z06. The Vette is also more then $10k cheaper.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
i mean i think this twin turbo cobra (lthl psi) was in the video racin a white SS camaro called Termin8r. if it is, i think its a near 800rwhp cobra. termin8r's his vids are all over the net. u might have seen some. especially on need2speed.com. site based around florida racing. lot of those guys are QUICK as HELL. LOL

LTHL PSI lives in Florida, Trmin8or lives in New Mexico. I never heard of these 2 racing each other, probably cause LTHL's car isn't even dialed in last I heard (which he just posted a update of his car less than 2 weeks ago on this board). LTHL's car is probably going to put down 1XXX/1XXX. If the turbo cobra your referring to was white that raced termn8r (which I'm almost positive it was cause the red one was on a hellion kit), it was bross's 03's car. You can find his granny shifting info on the races on another board.

On another topic, shit's quick as hell just based on what you've seen in vids. You probably aren't seeing the shit like Marco's old white supra backing down to a heads up race more than once against a yellow late 70's camaro here in Phoenix the last time scandalous was down here. The camaro has like 15 grand in the car total and it isn't even intercooled. And there is more than 1 "copy" of that camaro rolling around here...

pecten man said:
Bring it on... PM me time and location. Bring a vid camera also so we can share with the board whatever the outcome.

Who is LTHL PSI, does he live in Houston? Please say yes...

I hate to internet race people, but this was just too good to pass up.

He would destroy your car even if you got the boost past 15 PSI. He's got TT vipers to run with...

pecten man said:
Thats ashame about that twin turbo 03 living so far away...One of my buddies told me the owner of PSI motorsports here in Houston has a 9.XX sec whipple Cobra, sounds badass - I need to meet up with him. I'll get a better handle on what 740rwhp means after this weekend, I am putting on a pair of slicks and going to the local 1/4 mile strip here - Baytown. Looking for 9.6/9.7 I'll post up the slip afterwards.

You sure seem confident about your 383 with a STS...
Come out to Phoenix sometime, my cousin has a TT cobra you might "like" to run. In case you want to e-size him up LTHL PSI style: The car runs 30 PSI on real twins (the biggest twins currently on a 03/04 in the country), and there is nothing factory left on his longblock. Street trim, street legal, and it went on a serious diet in the weight department.

If not, there is a Texas shop sponsoring 4-6 03/04 cobras with their new TT kits...it's on the downlow though. I declined their invitation; my car would still be a ricer in the speed department compared to 2-3 other 03/04's out here in Phoenix...and I think turbo's sound like shit on 03/04's but thats my 1 cent. The texas TT's will be out on the streets soon enough though.

Last edited:

Machinator

Banned
pecten man said:
I wish more Cobra owners like you were down here in Houston, I'd love to have a 660rwhp Cobra pull up next to me and rev the engine....

Wow man kinda full of yourself huh? Yea your faster than a 660 whp Cobra but what about when that 1200 whp viper smokes you or a TT Cobra with say 1000 whp, you will then need to up the boost. Remember there will always be someone faster than you.

BLUBLLS

Machinator said:
Wow man kinda full of yourself huh? Yea your faster than a 660 whp Cobra but what about when that 1200 whp viper smokes you or a TT Cobra with say 1000 whp, you will then need to up the boost. Remember there will always be someone faster than you.

My 10k bike already is :thumbsup:

mikes93

Established Member
Machinator said:

+1 :thumbsup:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Machinator said:
But the odds?

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
LTHL PSI lives in Florida, Trmin8or lives in New Mexico. I never heard of these 2 racing each other, probably cause LTHL's car isn't even dialed in last I heard (which he just posted a update of his car less than 2 weeks ago on this board). LTHL's car is probably going to put down 1XXX/1XXX. If the turbo cobra your referring to was white that raced termn8r (which I'm almost positive it was cause the red one was on a hellion kit), it was bross's 03's car. You can find his granny shifting info on the races on another board.

yeah i'm an idiot... i knew that terminator was in new mexico and NOT in florida. i wasnt thinking right when i wrote that. LOL i do believe it was bross's 03 cobra, i now remember looking him up to see about his car.

You sure seem confident about your 383 with a STS..

he's making well over 700rwhp or so in a vette on 12.5 psi. thats plenty impressive enough. he has reason to be confident. that will handle the vast majority of cars out there. but yeah there is always someone faster than u.
theres nothing wrong with looking for more suitable competition. you'd get tired of racing 300-450rwhp cars that your more often gonna see and want something on ur level to have a good race with.

Last edited:

pecten man

Established Member
Machinator said:

I don't mind responding to you guys, be interesting to see if this thread can be kept civil.

No, I'm not full of myself - just saying if you are in Houston, there is a group of us guys with Vettes, Porsches, Vipers(1100hp) and Supras(850 and 1000hp) that run each other all the time.

As far as someone faster - it's about money. I have the upgraded STS 61mm turbos I am considering installing along with a return style fuel system.

That will put me somewhere around 1100 - 1200 rwhp at 3200 lbs. I have a buddy with a 03 Z06 forged 408 & 200 shot who is also going for a twin turbo system, he is looking for 1000 - 1100 rwhp.

And yes I can up the boost also like the 30psi whipple, 18psi on the larger turbos should do it for me.

pecten man

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
yeah i'm an idiot... i knew that terminator was in new mexico and NOT in florida. i wasnt thinking right when i wrote that. LOL i do believe it was bross's 03 cobra, i now remember looking him up to see about his car.

he's making well over 700rwhp or so in a vette on 12.5 psi. thats plenty impressive enough. he has reason to be confident. that will handle the vast majority of cars out there. but yeah there is always someone faster than u.
theres nothing wrong with looking for more suitable competition. you'd get tired of racing 300-450rwhp cars that your more often gonna see and want something on ur level to have a good race with.

Thanks for the view - exactly. I'm not a dixk, just as I said in my post a few minutes ago there's a group of us in Houston with 700+ hp that run around together going from a roll for the most part - Supra guys hate the dig the turbo is sleeping at anything under 4000rpm.

Yes there are several faster street legal daily driver cars than mine in Houston, without a doubt. If I go with the twin 61mm turbos, that might change a bit - I will move a few steps up the pecking order.

MTI, who did my vette engine, tranny, etc. is now building a forged 441 twin Z06, talk about scary....they are looking at 1400 rwhp, custom clutch and tranny, rear diff going in. This is a 04 Z06 daily driver also. I'll find out what state this car is going to reside in and let you guys know so you can be on the look-out.

cobra-info

Established Member
ok I only got to page 2 of this whole thing & MY VOTE IS the Z06 will get chewed up by a cobra making 600 rwhp no doubt about it.... Hell maybe even the 560 range cobras could edge one out.

Machinator

Banned
pecten man said:
I don't mind responding to you guys, be interesting to see if this thread can be kept civil.

No, I'm not full of myself - just saying if you are in Houston, there is a group of us guys with Vettes, Porsches, Vipers(1100hp) and Supras(850 and 1000hp) that run each other all the time.

As far as someone faster - it's about money. I have the upgraded STS 61mm turbos I am considering installing along with a return style fuel system.

That will put me somewhere around 1100 - 1200 rwhp at 3200 lbs. I have a buddy with a 03 Z06 forged 408 & 200 shot who is also going for a twin turbo system, he is looking for 1000 - 1100 rwhp.

And yes I can up the boost also like the 30psi whipple, 18psi on the larger turbos should do it for me.

Well then there you go, you will probably always be faster than me then. I dont have even near `1200 rwhp or even a 1000 for that matter crap not even 800. I will be in Houston probably in late January mabe we can meet up I would love to see these cars you guys have.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
ok I only got to page 2 of this whole thing & MY VOTE IS the Z06 will get chewed up by a cobra making 600 rwhp no doubt about it.... Hell maybe even the 560 range cobras could edge one out.

yea seems like that.. vettes are 3100lbs or so with 450rwhp stock
cobras like 3600 with 550 rwhp will be close if driven right. 600 should edge out

i'd love to see it tho.. damn good race

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Some Big Dog talk in here today. When I had the Snake I thought I was gettin' into some Big Dog territory with an 11.21 @ 129 on DR's. Since I picked up the Chevelle and ran across a guy with a Reher-Morrison 747 that's putting down 1450/1130 at the crank N/A, I don't think that way anymore. BTW, this motor is in a street legal 'Velle that weighs 3300 Lbs. Talk about power to weight. I don't know what he put down at the wheels through the Powerglide but I'd guess it's not insignificant. Back on topic, I haven't seen a new Z yet but hope to run across one sometime that wants to go against some old school muscle from a dig. Might be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread