2004 GT Exhaust

Tyler06

Established Member
Recently purchased a 2004 Mustang GT with 24,000 miles on it. I want to change the exhaust. I am looking for something loud and muscle type. Most likely going to go with a cat back and x pipe. I have heard good things about slp? Flowmasters? Wanted to see what people think would be a good loud sounding exhaust for the car. If you have videos please post. Anything helps!

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Prochamber H pipe, SLP loudmouth 1's or 2's (for a little less loud) you'd love either of those I run the prochamber and 1's. Don't put flowmasters on it they're garbage. Btw an x pipe is more of a raspy "Indy car sound" I would describe it as an h pipe has the deeper "muscle" tone just for reference. It's all a persona preference honestly.

Tyler06

Established Member
Prochamber H pipe, SLP loudmouth 1's or 2's (for a little less loud) you'd love either of those I run the prochamber and 1's. Don't put flowmasters on it they're garbage. Btw an x pipe is more of a raspy "Indy car sound" I would describe it as an h pipe has the deeper "muscle" tone just for reference. It's all a persona preference honestly.

Thanks for the response. Yea everyone has a different opinion. Do you happen to have a video of the set-up. Don't want it to be so loud it gets annoying but loud is better and muscle is a plus! Slp 1's are loud and I am sure there louder with an h pipe.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
They would be worse with an X pipe. The loudmouth 1's are just resonators, they have no baffling inside of them to cut down on the exhaust note they simply take the "resination" out of the exhaust. I don't have videos, I just never waste my time because a camera can't ever seek to capture the true sound of an exhaust accurately.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
No it's not raspy, it's more of a growling up in your face sound over the traditional deep tone you'd get from a magnaflow or other chambered muffler. I prefer really loud though that's just me, I'm sure some hate it however.

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
its hard to listen to exhaust on youtube and get a good idea of what It REALLY sounds like... I had a buddy who ran an OR/X and slp 1's and it was extremely loud... ive been through a lot of exhaust changes and i run bbk long tubes bbk or/x and an SRS catback... srs is the best of both worlds cause its very loud when u get on it but has a good rumble at lower rpms and dosent sound like ass

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
Off road x-pipe into slp loud mouth 1 exhaust. My neighbors hate me. Gearing down is especially fun coming through town. It growls and pops like crazy. It's quite intimidating to listen to.

Last edited:

Tyler06

Established Member
thanks for the response. Kline do you get a good muscle sound out of that set-up. I think i might go with slp or flowmaster super 40's. With an off-road h because the give out more of a muscle sound.

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
thanks for the response. Kline do you get a good muscle sound out of that set-up. I think i might go with slp or flowmaster super 40's. With an off-road h because the give out more of a muscle sound.

It's relatively muscley sounding depending on how I drive. When I get on it, it sounds like I'm doing 140mph at 50mph. But when I'm just cruising it does have a nice rumble to it. I've debated on changing my set up but I get wayyyyy too many compliments for how it sounds just the way it is for me to change it. Everywhere I go I have someone telling my that my car sounds great. I have videos on my phone of my car running. Text me at 828-577-9319 if you want me to send them to you.

I also had an off road x-pipe into flow master 40's on my 2000 gt. Honestly, it sounded like a much louder stock exhaust to me, if that makes sense. It sounded good, but at certain speeds it got quieter. It was a nice set up when you weren't really wanting much attention. It's hard to tell on youtube how exhaust sounds. I wish I had a video of my old gt on my phone too.

Tyler06

Established Member
So hard to pick an exhaust set-up. Don't want to raspy but want loud and muscle. This is gonna take a while haha

HihoSilver0820

Established Member
So hard to pick an exhaust set-up. Don't want to raspy but want loud and muscle. This is gonna take a while haha

And its freakin hard to base it off of videos better to hear in person. .. only other ive heard is o/r x and slps which to me is way to loud...

Im thinkin Prochamber and magnapacks or slps may be the way to go for me lol I hate choosing exhaust

spike_africa

Established Member
Off-road H pipe and reg magnaflows /thread

I posted in his other one, but yes I have this setup now. Its my 4th or 5th setup and its the best for a daily driver. Good deep tone at idle, nice and throaty at WOT. But while cruising it isn't very loud at all. Best combo for a daily that you don't want to become deaf in. Trust me, loud is cool and all after a little while you won't want it "that" loud.

O/R H-pipe and Maganaflows are were its at.

Tyler06

Established Member
I ve been seeing some youtube videos of the magnaflows and different types of mid pipes and they sound pretty good

HihoSilver0820

Established Member
I posted in his other one, but yes I have this setup now. Its my 4th or 5th setup and its the best for a daily driver. Good deep tone at idle, nice and throaty at WOT. But while cruising it isn't very loud at all. Best combo for a daily that you don't want to become deaf in. Trust me, loud is cool and all after a little while you won't want it "that" loud.

O/R H-pipe and Maganaflows are were its at.

I have almost same set up o/r x and magnaflows love my set up just a lil more raspy than h pipe but not to bad

I think anyone with a dd that wants a decent exhaust would like this due to how its louder than factory but not LOUD

Users who are viewing this thread