2004 Mach 1 intake manifold?

odarabla

Established Member
Why doesn't anyone make a after market 2003/2004 Mach 1 intake manifold? Ford doesn't make them anymore. I am trying to restore a 2004 Mach 1 and A friend of mine needed the money so I was going to let him do it. After paying him and him not touching my car for 2 years he died and left me with my car in pieces. I am attempting to put it all back together but I am missing some parts (like the lower intake manifold). Also I figured out that the motor that was in good shape is now seized up. I did buy a teksid block and Manley rods so now I just need piston, rings and bearings to put the new motor together. Any suggestions on where to find these parts would be great. Also what other options might I have instead of putting back the lower intake manifold? What would I need to put a blower in place. Sorry I am new to these cars and engines. Thanks for the help.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
as far as a blower if you went with a PD blower you could follow the guides for doing an Eaton swap on a 99/01/Mach1 then put a different blower on top. Otherwise youll have to hunt down an intake, Id imagine the production numbers are too low for people make oem style replacements.

I think it might be MPS thats the mustang salvage yard in Georgia, they might have an intake for you but I dont think theyre the cheapest place in the world

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
https://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/4.6L-DOHC-Fuel-Injected-Intake-Manifold-2152?keyword=Intake

4c0be4db06ff61c9f9e729e04b2db472.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96gt02

Established Member
stock mach/cobra intakes should not be very hard to find or expensive, if your looking for something better than stock, look into having one ported and made into a short runner (length depending on your plans)

Users who are viewing this thread