2004 OW cobra 17k miles good deal???? help

lethalsnake408

Established Member
Talking a deal out with an original owner all stock 17,000 miles on the spot 2004 cobra. Owner wants $26,000 is that a fair deal or should I pass it up? Exterior is 10/10 interior 10/10 mechanically perfect! I love the car and everything about it I just don't want to over pay. His original asking price was $28,000...

Any suggestions welcomed!

cj428mach

Established Member
I paid 24,500 for my car a little over a year ago. It was from the original owner who was 55 yrs old when he bought it brand new. The car wore the original tires, smelled new and had 7474 miles on it. The guy was asking $26k and I tried 23k but he wouldn't budge that much.

It can be hard to bargain with guys like that because he didn't need the money and didn't need to sell he just thought it was time as it was getting to hard to get in and out of it. To me I wanted white and it was 100 miles from home so I bought it, I don't think I stole it and I don't think I paid to much either.

If the car is what you want and you feel its worth it pull the trigger, but at that kind of money it should probably be 10k or under on mileage.

lethalsnake408

Established Member
Exactly I'm trying to talk him down to 25,000 at least to feel a little better about pulling the trigger. Guy just won't budge he doesn't need the money, just wants to sell it. I love oxford white and this is exactly what I want low milage, coupe, original owner and local ect ect. There are some sweet deals on svtperformance only prob cars are across the country! I really don't want to kick myself a month from now for overpaying! :shrug::bash:

Your OW is bad ass man by the way!

Last edited:

dom418

Established Member
Dude that is an ass rape of a price. Yes it's an 04 OW which is rare but damn I'd price that car at $24k even with the color. For the money he is asking, you can buy one with 5,000 miles trust me.

cj428mach

Established Member
Exactly I'm trying to talk him down to 25,000 at least to feel a little better about pulling the trigger. Guy just won't budge he doesn't need the money, just wants to sell it. I love oxford white and this is exactly what I want low milage, coupe, original owner and local ect ect. There are some sweet deals on svtperformance only prob cars are across the country! I really don't want to kick myself a month from now for overpaying! :shrug::bash:

Your OW is bad ass man by the way!

I'd try printing off some ads of similar cars and try showing them to him to see if you can get him down a little more. Just assure him that you're not trying to be cheap or beat him down but that XX,XXX is fair market value for the car.

I also took the car being local into the price of my transaction. I could see taking off work, flying across country, and driving the car back costing me close to $1000 and what happens if I flew out and didn't like it or it was misrepresented.

OW is rare and the dark interior is extremely rare. They only made a little over 200 of them with that combo how many are in that nice of shape? I wanted a low mileage OW coupe and going off production figures there were only 766 coupes combined in the interior colors I liked so I new I didn't have a lot to chose from either.

If you don't care what color you get you can get one cheaper but if you have a very specific set of criteria for the car you want its not as easy.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
No way I'd pay 26k for a 17k mile cobra. I paid 19.5k and mine had exactly 20k miles on it.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
every seller says the don't need the money, show up there with your top offer for this car cash! have a number set in mind, he says no walk away, you don't want buyers remorse.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Original Owner, All Stock. Plus Low Mileage.

Those key words are going to cause that car to pull a premium. While $26k may be a bit high, he is not crazy with his price. That combination isn't something you will find very often.

If you get it for $25k, then I think you came out great, if not, no harm no foul.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Redfire and Zinc yellow fall in to a different price range :p

I've heard the yellow cobras yes, but this is the first I've heard anyone state Redfire falling into that category. And it had nothing to do with color that got me a good price and that's the color I wanted.

Gamer2Cars

For the Horse
Established Member
I am looking at a 4th owner Mytsi but it has 77k miles and they want almost 24k :( Seems way high to me.

Users who are viewing this thread