2004 Saleen Cobra

Bruin08

Established Member
Ok, this is my question. Im looking at a "Saleen Cobra" but I have a few problems because this is the first time I heard even heard of such a thing. At first this was something that an ignorant person would say because they didnt know there was a difference. However, turns out I am the ignorant one lol. Anyways, on the car that I am looking at there is no production number under the drivers side headlight and also on the back deck there is the saleen badge and not the svt. It also has the dual pipes centerd under the bymper. I was looking around on youtube and I saw a "Saleen Cobra" and there was the svt badge like the reg cobra has. Yes I know theres gonna be alot of fakes out there since there was such a limited number of the saleen cobras produced and you tube isnt really the best place to go to get information. So yeah, if someone could help me out here. When looking at this car what should be a dead give away and what should be not so much of a dead give away that this car is or isnt genuine. Anybody know of a website that I can submit the vin number and see if its a genuine Saleen Cobra. Thanks so much for the assistance.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
There was some 29 2003-04 Saleen Coba's built....They should all have a Saleen Badge on the car as well ... You could always call Saleen or SVT to verify the car!

I saw a 2003 Saleen Cobra on Ebay in Ma in the last week....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would think the easiest way to verify its authenticity is to call Saleen and give them the VIN. Best of luck with this. Hope it works out for you.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
There is a guy on here with 1 of the 2 Mystichrome 2004 Saleen Cobras built. Its in the for sale section and you could look at his pics to see if the car you are looking at has all the stuff his does. I would love to have his but do not have any extra funds to buy or trade with. Also Saleen built 1 Mystichrome Cobra Vert. That would be the car to have if you could not get one of the 2 coupes.

Bruin08

Established Member
ight thanks guys. o well i went to go back and see if i could get the number and it has already been solid. i hope the person that bought did his research before he dished out the cash to get a possible fake.

Users who are viewing this thread