2004 Torch Red, Central Florida. Showroom Cond. Working mans Price.

MikesCobra

Established Member
The white blemish on the black plastic lip on this pic was wax residue I didn't catch until after the shot.

Cobra-1.jpg

Chris_u9

Established Member
Yea for some reason I can't check my messages. I'm currently in the process of buying a black termi. If it doesn't work out I'm still down to see this beautiful car in person. What rims are those? They are perfect.

ThomasL

Established Member
Timing sucks right now. I hope for your sake it sells soon, but if it's still around this winter, i'll be in touch. I live in Ocala. Keep us posted and GLWS.

Edit: Mind posting some interior/engine shots here OP?

Last edited:

Cobrafa

Established Member
Very nice and clean car with saleen wheels... I saw this car here in Orlando and looks very clean.

I got the twin brother lol

sn94cobra

Corn-aholic
Established Member
The car was purchased from Clarksville, Tenn. in Sept of 2012 from a member on this forum. Bought with 38,xxxx and Currently sits at 53,xxx. I live 4 miles from work, and only work every third day, so the car is hardly driven daily, but is a great weekend cruiser and show car.

Meat and Potatoes:
The car is in showroom, let me repeat that, SHOWROOM condition. The previous owner as well as myself have put tiring hours of polishing, sealing, and waxing into this car. The paint is in pristine condition. There are a few, Ill repeat that as well, A few, very minor small rock chips on the hood that can only be seen upon CLOSE inspection. The paint reflects like a mirror, I couldn't tell you which I get more compliments on the paint and condition of the car or the sound of the exhaust. The car was purchased and I have daily drove it, very light during the week due to work, and the normal weekend amount with the occasional 30 minute trip to the coast.
The car has zero, i will repeat that ZERO, rust. Not even SURFACE rust on not even one nut or bolt ( I can provide pics of any part of the car you desire to confirm this just as the previous owner did for me). The car was recently 4 wheel aligned, has all matching ford vin stickers on all original panels, no accidents, no frame, no water, no fire, no theft ever reported or on its history. Since I took ownership at 38k I have changed the engine oil and transmission oil every 3-4k miles depending on how hectic the month was with fully synthetic Royal Purple oil. I do this because I believe the transmission and its moving parts are just as delicate as an engine and personally change my fluids in such a manner. The car just received brand new cobra floor mats, and I have installed both the radiator and shifter cobra ID badge plates with the build date and car number. I still have the stock shift knob located in the arm rest, and I have found an original assembly line paper of the car coming off the line from Ford which I have framed and will include to the new owner. The car has about $1000, in high end boutique wash and wax's applied to the paint and the water beads stand so tall and tight on this thing people have actually taken pictures of it in the rain.

Drive train: Drives great, fires up on first ignition bump, no knocking, smoking, pinging, hesitation, check engine light or any codes being thrown. Mechanically the car is sound and solid. The last time the car was dynode at Lamotta Performance in Longwood, fl it made 440 whp in the blazing florida heat with a conservative rich tune and was told by Jake " its def a safe tune, and would be very hard to break" after looking at the timing and air/fuel. So this cobra is not pushed to the ragged limit, its where it should be in a fun safe zone. Print outs in hand.

Paint: Pristine, minor rock chips on leading edge of hood, which have been covered with paint matched color and spot covered. Almost impossible to see from a normal standing distance.

Interior: Immaculate and well kept, with slight bolster wrinkle on driver side seat. Let me repeat "wrinkle" in the leather as normally found on all leather seats, not a tear, wear, or scuff. I challenge you to find a spec of dust anywhere on this car.

Modifications: 2.76 pulley/stock lower, cat back magna flow with flow master super 40 mufflers, triax short shifter, mcleod RXT clutch, Steeda quick release Firewall quadrant adjuster, Full Tilt Racing bushing throughout the entire rear end, Full Tilt bump steer kit, Full Tilt adjustable sway bar end links, billet flow IRS brace, cold air intake, liberty 26 spline input shaft, lethal performance HD bearing sleeve, Ford Racing HD throw out bearing, Maximum Motorsports FULL length subframe connectors, MM camber/caster plates, MM low profile IRS bolts,H&R Race Springs 18x9,18x10 Saleen wheels with Direzza star specs up front and togo Tq's in the rear all about 80-85 %, shorty antenna.

Working man Priced at 20k OBO. Please don't kick tires or low ball, we all know its getting harder to find one in this condition, and Id rather set it on fire then let someone steal it with ]

Please update your price so others know what you really want for your car. We don't want to waste your time so please don't waste ours.

Everyone, he just told me his price is now $25k for the car.

MikesCobra

Established Member
Please update your price so others know what you really want for your car. We don't want to waste your time so please don't waste ours.

Everyone, he just told me his price is now $25k for the car.
Im paying 2 grand to install a mcleod clutch flywheel combo. The car is showroom and considering the recent install and scarcity of cobras even half as nice as the quality of this one. Yes the car is now 25k obo. If you don't agree thats your right to do so, but you'll have to settle for one thats beat up and in terrible shape. Your call. Like I said don't waste my time calling me and lowballing me to then turn around and come on my sales thread and call me out for asking what the car is worth. You can take your 18k and purchase one with issues.

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
Im paying 2 grand to install a mcleod clutch flywheel combo. The car is showroom and considering the recent install and scarcity of cobras even half as nice as the quality of this one. Yes the car is now 25k obo. If you don't agree thats your right to do so, but you'll have to settle for one thats beat up and in terrible shape. Your call. Like I said don't waste my time calling me and lowballing me to then turn around and come on my sales thread and call me out for asking what the car is worth. You can take your 18k and purchase one with issues.

All honesty you originally stated 20k obo so 18k was not really lowball offer but a good starting point to negotiate at. You increase your price by 5k and did not update the for sale thread for months so really you wasted his time.

sn94cobra

Corn-aholic
Established Member
I sent you several text asking about your car with little to no reply.
I then sent you a text asking if you would take $19k (not $18k like your stating). I offered you $1k below your asking price of $20k.
You said no and then I said I would give you $20k. Then you told me the price is $25k.
The clutch you are saying your installing is already listed in your add at the $20k.

You have a very nice car. I have no prob paying a fair price for a nice car.
However jacking the price by $5k above your asking price is not cool.
If you don't want to sell it, then fine tell me that.

I have no prob paying $20 or even $21k for your car and will fly down to get. But I am not going to be jerked around.

I wish you the best of luck selling it. Hopefully you will get your new asking price of $25k

sn94cobra

Corn-aholic
Established Member
Also
Is the price $25k or what. You say or best offer. What does that mean.

It feels like you don't want to sell the car.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
this is just me but if you say it is showroom clean on the inside/outside/underneath/engine etc why not show some photos of that that are unedited and show it off instead of just saying it?

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member

So let me get this straight, you're installing $2K worth of "new parts" on the vehicle to turn around and make a $3K profit of the "newly installed" parts? Excuse me if my math is wrong here, but $20K obo original price + $2K "parts" = $25K new asking price? Makes sense to me! Good luck in your sale OP! :lol1:

I sent you several text asking about your car with little to no reply.
I then sent you a text asking if you would take $19k (not $18k like your stating). I offered you $1k below your asking price of $20k.
You said no and then I said I would give you $20k. Then you told me the price is $25k.
The clutch you are saying your installing is already listed in your add at the $20k.

You have a very nice car. I have no prob paying a fair price for a nice car.
However jacking the price by $5k above your asking price is not cool.
If you don't want to sell it, then fine tell me that.

I have no prob paying $20 or even $21k for your car and will fly down to get. But I am not going to be jerked around.

I wish you the best of luck selling it. Hopefully you will get your new asking price of $25k

If this is true, I am sorry to hear that OP was jerking you around. Maybe the car isn't worth it and it's a sign for you. Good luck in your search for the perfect Cobra! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread